What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Inscrutably Flashy Gun Buckle

Maybe this is a common sight on the mean streets of Tokyo, but we’re pretty sure this bad hombre wouldn’t get too far sauntering down Broadway in midtown before catching the eye of a member of Bloomberg’s army. From fashionblogger.com: “This flashy gun belt buckle is so hot in Japan right now but lets let our love of high-powered embellishments cross borders and bring this trend right into our homes.” Alrighty then. [h/t thegunwire.com]

25 Responses to What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Inscrutably Flashy Gun Buckle

1. avatarGreg Camp says:

A total military defeat, followed by more than half a century of pacifism and decades of economic stagnation, and look what follows.

2. avatarg says:

Japanese youth fashion has always been over-the-top. Just walk around certain districts in Tokyo, like Harajuku, Akihabara, and Shibuya.

On a side note, Japan is also one of the few countries where a police officer, armed with just his service revolver, can spend an entire 20 year career without ever having to draw and/or fire his weapon.

• avatarL.Y. says:

isn’t that because firearms are more than illegal there? can’t they shoot on sight of a gun?

• avatarg says:

Yeah, guns are illegal. And it may surprise people to know that despite the stereotypes, it’s even illegal to own a katana without a registered license (dull martial arts training swords and swords of insufficient length are exempted, of course).

3. avatarready,fire,aim says:

I love the shoes…really i do

4. avatarPhydeaux says:

Looks like a photo from Fruits magazine…

5. avatarAharon says:

It looks like a cross between John Travolta and Tina Turner with Brad Pitt’s hair on a bad hair day.

6. avatarGS650G says:

Japanese girls are hot no matter or how much they wear.

7. avatarLt Dave says:

The result of a coddled society where the sheep want to look like a sheepdog without any of the responsibilities and commitment to go along with it.

8. avatarMr. Lion says:

I think everything that could possibly go wrong, already has, in that particular case.

9. avatarbruce says:

at first glance I though this was another photo from those open carry cowboys who paraded through downtown birmingham mi in support of that kid that thought he’d play “saving private ryan” with his locked and loaded garand mommy and daddy bought him…guess this guy is exercising his right to be an idiot too…a tacky one…

10. avatarRalph says:

Hey, I think I had that belt when I was five. IIRC, it came with two six shooters, two holsters with fringes and ten rolls of caps.

• avatarAharon says:

Did you also have the gold pointed shoes?

• avatarRalph says:

• avatarRoll says:

Hell yeah, i had a cowboy outfit when i was around that age…cowboys, the duke, and eastwood were the hero’s in my day…nowadays we got emotionally sensitive vampires and metrosexual werewolves…

• avatarJericho941 says:

“I had a cowboy outfit. That doesn’t mean I was auditioning for The Village People.”

Sure it did, you just didn’t know it.

11. avatarBuuurr says:

You guys are all just mad you can’t fit into them pants.

P.S. In Japan a guy like this still gets laid – a lot.

• avatarBob says:

“In Japan a guy like this still gets laid – a lot.”

From what I have seen of the country, I know that is true, and That says everything you need to know about most Japanese women. Japan is the only country where women intentionally try to make themselves look like they are 12 years old, because that is the kind of women (little girl) the Japanese men are attracted to.

• avatarJericho941 says:

Holy friggin’ stereotype.

• avatarBob says:

I saw it hundreds of times when I was visiting Japan and nearby countries where the Japanese vacation. It took awhile before I realized what I was seeing.

12. avatarSCS says: