Editing Comments (Or Not). The Saga Continues . . .

Providing TTAG’s Armed Intelligentsia with the ability to edit their comments continues to elude us. I’m in contact with the company that develops the WordPress plugin we utilize for comment editing. Over the past year or so, the company was bought by a new company; I’ve had a little trouble getting them engaged to assist us on this problem. I am continuing to work on the issue and will do so until it is resolved and working as it was designed. Thanks for your patience.

comments

1. avatar IdahoPete says:

No problem, hombre – just post a large, all caps, red-letter warning/disclaimer similar to the California lead warnings:

CAUTION: THIS SPACE HAS NO EDITING FUNCTION AT THIS TIME. SPELL CHECK ALL YOUR COMMENTS, THINK TWICE ABOUT YOUR FLAMES, AND BEWARE OF LEAD POISONING IF YOU EAT YOUR COMPUTER!

Or words to that effect.

1. avatar Dan says:

One thing I’d like to mention, the John Deere ad that runs in the top right corner is really annoying since it goes to full screen when I mouse over it while scrolling down to the comments. Then I have to scroll back to the top to close it.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Seconded. I have an adblocker on my main computer, but not on several others I use, and that John Deere ad may be the single most irritating advertisement I’ve ever experienced on the intertubes.

1. avatar Mike in NC says:

Tie. I’ve run into an equally annoying set of ads from one of the dollar store chains (Family Dollar if I remember correctly) on other sites.

2. avatar Chaz says:

I only see gun related ads in the upper right corner, at the moment one for Colt. That content must be cookie driven or something. My browser is Safari with “block pop-up windows” enabled; a mouse-over does nothing.

2. avatar KWAL says:

What I meant to write was, “Please pass the butter” , but it came out…

3. avatar Jwhite says:

Is it because they dont like guns?

4. avatar Sam Wright says:

I will say something stupid, then come back and edit it.

1. avatar Sam Wright says:

I have to be logged in to even have a chance at editing. heh

5. avatar Matt in FL says:

Due to all the double-posted comments, maybe something could be added that says, “Your comment will appear after a refresh,” or words to that effect.