Steyr Mannlicher Knocks $100 Off Entire Pistol Line-Up

[HTML1]

“All three Steyr pistol models are functionally identical with variations in barrel lengths, grips and capacities,” Steyr Mannlicher’s press release relates. “The M-A1 is the full-size pistol with a 4-inch cold-hammer-forged barrel, a full-length grip and high-capacity box magazine, while the S-A1 is the compact pistol with a 3.6-inch barrel, shortened grip and a 10-round magazine. Both handguns are available chambered in either 9x19mm Luger or .40 S&W. Available only in 9mm, the C9-A1 features a 3.6-inch barrel, a full-length grip with a high-capacity magazine. All barrels are cold-hammer forged with conventional rifling, and chambers are fully supported.” Now how much would you pay? “All M-A1, S-A1 and C9-A1 handguns will carry an MSRP of $560, offering an $89 savings for consumers.” So five bills or less in the real world. You in? If not, what price (if any) would you pay?

About Robert Farago

27 Responses to Steyr Mannlicher Knocks $100 Off Entire Pistol Line-Up

1. avatarJames St. John says:

Wow, what I wouldn’t give to field strip that.

2. avatarbontai Joe says:

Shame about the tattoos, she’d be a really pretty woman except for those.

3. avatarLT says:

$300-450 depending on what came with it, how much I liked it, and the warranty.

Points docked for being of foreign manufacture, though. (Unless I’m wrong ’bout that?)

• avatarLT says:

Apparently I can’t edit my posts now? Ah well. As I was going to say, I’m pretty sure I’d enjoy putting a few rounds through one of those.

• avatarRobert Farago says:

Post editing will return. Along with McArthur.

• avatarCarlosT says:

Oh carp! I didn’t know the zombies were bringing five-star generals with them! This totally changes things.

• avatarAharon says:

Are you talking about the gun or the girl?

4. avatarJeffD says:

Maybe I missed something in the video. Where is the pistol? ;)

5. avatarTotenglocke says:

I paid $475 a couple months ago for one of those bastard M9′s imported by PW. Love that gun and would definitely recommend it to others.

6. avataruncommon_sense says:

I was wondering if the caption of the video “field strip” referred to the woman or the firearm.

7. avatarMotoJB says:

Not really interested in Steyr pistols myself…but if they were under $500 MSRP new, maybe!

• avatarHSR47 says:

The thing is that you can get a Glock, an XD, or even an M&P for that money, and even the XD has more market penetration than the Steyr.

That means that you can actually FIND parts and magazines, and generally at reasonable prices, too.

8. avatarJames says:

You guys need to get out more if you find her to be anything more than marginally attractive.

• avatarFelix says:

You need to get out more if you think your opinion is definitive for anybody other than yourself.

• avatarJames says:

You need to get out more if you think a bunch of slobs sitting around drooling over cleavage is anything other than creepy.

durr hurr hurr I’d like to have sexual intercourse with her. If you know what I mean. durrrrrrrrr

Every time there’s a picture of a girl on this site, it’s like somebody announced the sale of Date Rape raffle tickets at the SausageFest in the middle of Stalker City.

9. I remember when the Steyr pistols could be had for just over $300. Didn’t like them then, nor now.

Grip angle is terrible, worse than a Glock. Sights are definitely a “get used to it” feature. Would have to sell (street price) for at least $100 under a comperable M&P, XD, or Glock to be interesting.

• avatarTotenglocke says:

The grip angle is fantastic – not only is felt recoil almost nil, but it makes it incredibly easy to keep on target while shooting. As for the sights? Yes, they’re a bit different than the standard sights, but the M9 is absurdly accurate. My first time shooting one I had no problem drilling half a dozen shots in a row right through the bullseye at about 20 yards. I’d never even heard of the Steyr M9 before purchasing one on impulse from my favorite gun shop – best gun purchase I’ve ever made.

10. avatarJason says:

Now that the Walther PPQ is available, nothing. What’s it going to give me that the PPQ doesn’t do better? Nothing.

• avatarDan says:

better grip angle, lower bore axis, and 357sig for starters.

walther P99 > walther PPQ anyway.

11. avatarBrian says:

I had an M-A1 in 9mm that went back to Steyr twice for repairs. Don’t need to spend that much money for a gun that I can’t ever trust. They do shoot great, but that is only a part of the equation. I mean look how well Glocks sell and they can’t shoot anywhere as well as the Steyr or a 1911.

• avatarDan says:

Oh God, they’re joking around as if they like each other’s company. Quick, ALERT THE MEDIA!