Gun Tweet(s) of the Day: If I Had a Gun . . .

Twitter is abuzz with a new topic: “If I had a gun.” The responses make one glad there’s a First Amendment—in a wistful sort of way. On one hand it’s kinda sick that we live in a society where teens are happy to Tweet that they’d kill Justin Beiber fans, or haters or, perhaps, the Beib himself (there are thousands of Tweets). On the other hand, as they say in the UK, better out than in. If Mr. Dupuis’ family is smart enough to subscribe to his Twitter feed, they’ll get a heads-up on Zach’s suicidal fantasies. If Hazza’s “friends” see this message, they’ll know whether to take it seriously or not (I’m thinking yes) and intervene if necessary. In the Internet age, it’s not just who you know, it’s knowing what they’re thinking. For good and ill.

comments

1. avatar Lemming says:

“If I had a Rocket Launcher. . .”

2. avatar GS650G says:

Well there is that free speech amendment but threatening to shoot people is a no no. Even yourself.

3. avatar Johnny says:

If I had a gun, I’d use it in a safe and fun manner.

Oh wait, that won’t get me noticed.

4. avatar Totenglocke says:

If I had A gun, I’d have a much larger bank account.

5. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

These two kids are morons and they should be locked up for being stupid enough to tell everyone that they want to kill themselves or someone else. They both need help and the psycho ward seems like a good holding place for these fools. Johnny is more like a real world gun owner and not a wack job like these kids.

1. avatar e stone says:

ohhh my little joe, if only you know what going to happen to an other well know celebrity next year you won’t surprise at all…

6. avatar Phrederick says:

If I had a gun, I’d carry it concealed in order to defend myself in case these idiots ever discover a motive and opportunity.

If. If a frog had wings. If the Queen had balls. If I had a dime for every idiot on Facebook.

1. avatar Buuurr says:

I’s settle for one 5th of a penny for every idiot on Facebook, Ralph.

8. avatar Plumbum says:

If I had a facebook page, or a twitter account.. I’d gladly let them know every last detail of my life, free of charge!

9. avatar Mark says:

Idiot liberals who DON”T own firearms make completely irresponsible comments like these KNOWING they don’t have the means to act on them and then project their own hoplophobia on responsible people who would NEVER say such a thing because it wouldn’t be an empty threat.

1. avatar Joel says:

ah yes, the classic “If I can’t handle it nobody can” mentality. Talk about being self-centered and paranoid. you know, the two things that they associate with gun owners.

10. avatar Silver says:

Likely the only time they’ve ever seen a gun is in CoD. If they suddenly had a real gun, they’d probably wet themselves.

11. avatar Kelly in GA says:

Hazza must have great friends. How sad.

On the other hand, if I had a gun, I would go out to eat dinner, get gas, to to the bank, and nothing would ever happen. Oh, wait… nothing ever does.

12. avatar Tom says:

It seems the morons of ” If I Had A Gun ” Tweet are good candidates for The Evolution In Action Club. Zach there has really caught the spirit of the moment and I wish him well on his life long quest per his post.

13. avatar Aharon says:

I sometimes wonder which of these pop-culture idiot games are purposely designed or created by the gun-control wingnuts in their never-ending propaganda game of continuously messaging guns with negative associations.

1. avatar Phrederick says:

They aren’t, for those of us that play and watch for new games we note that the only trend they follow is what sells well. Besides, kids were always into violent games, back in 2000 it was Grand Theft Auto and WW2 shooters. Soldiers became heros and war dominated the news and the market flooded with modern military shooters around 2004, most of those series that popped up like CoD are into their 3rd or 4th game. Zombies became popular and zombie games and minigames within other games became more common. It’s a market, game companies play to it.

14. avatar LF says:

I agree, most people who say these things probably wouldn’t know what to do with themselves if they actually possessed a gun, but if saying things like this were taken into account no one outside of military and law enforcement would be allowed to carry. We’d all still be waiting for the powers that be to sift through all the BS posts like this before we cleared our background checks.

15. avatar APBTFan says:

The exact result of kids who’ve never known the responsibility of a firearm.

16. avatar irock350 says:

OMG! Kidz want teh gunz to killz everyone. Noooooo!!!!@!@ Oh wait, its a reference to a Noel Gallagher song (a song used by this very website) and kids are just filling in the blanks with nonsense. Personally, if I had a gun I’d shoot a hole into the sun.

17. avatar Parthenon says:

If I had a gun I’d spend more time thinking about the consequences
    of my actions and would be too responsible to make death threats on
    the internet.