Awesome Video of the Day: U.S. RIFLE, CALIBER 7.62MM, M14

How did no one tell me about this channel? They have tons of cool videos, including a series produced by the armed forces explaining the operation, disassembly and reassembly of weapons to the troops. Very cool.

About Nick Leghorn

10 Responses to Awesome Video of the Day: U.S. RIFLE, CALIBER 7.62MM, M14

1. avatarChris Dumm says:

The good old DOD: always re-arming and re-training to fight the most recent war. We should have gone with the FN-FAL.

• avatarBLAMMO says:

Oh boy, here we go …

• avatarJoe Doakes says:

I never served my country. But it never ceases to amaze me how deeply these debates are felt on both sides.

All I know as a civilian. A clean weapon is your friend. A dirty one is your enemy. An unsecured one is a nightmare waiting to happen; and should I see a communist Chinese parachute, as a civilian, I don’t have to wait until they land . . .

2. avatarWade says:

great video, it must have been pretty early since the soldiers are using BAR belts.

3. avatarmatt says:

I like how even in the propaganda video it’s still completely uncontrollable in full auto.

4. avatarMorseus says:

Love the vid, but one issue with the site: that dang John Deere popup is getting on my nerves. It’s a rollover ad, and whenever I mouse up to slide the screen down, it activates. grrrr.

5. avatarAccur81 says:

I love pistons!

6. avatarMr. Lion says:

I’d love to have that huge trigger group model in my office. That thing is awesome.

• avatarJoe Doakes says:

ebay . . . or hell . . . contract manufacturer . . . maybe you can start a business selling them?

7. avatarJim Farmer says:

My older brother Bob who resides in Klamath Falls, Oregon served in the U.S. Army 82nd Airborne from 1965-1968 during the Vietnam War (1961-1975) era.
    However, despite signing up twice for tour duty in Vietnam he was instead sent
    to the Republic of South Korea after being in the Dominican Repubic during their
    1965-66 crisis. Bob took basic training at Fort Ord, California. Afterwards jump
    training at Fort Benning, Georgia. His only rifle during his entire Army stint was
    an M-14. He had the choice between the M-14 and M-16 and instead chose to
    retain the former. The M-14 with bayonet no doubt is a better fencing weapon
    than an M-16 with bayonet. Remember the Colt AR-15 (M-16) was originally
    adopted by the U.S. Air Force Security Police to replace the older M-1 carbine.
    Then Secretary of State Robert S. McNamara forced the U.S. Army and Marine
    Corpt to gradually replace the M-14 with the M-16 in Vietnam. R. Lee Ermy’s
    “Lock and Load” has a video presentation on this.