New from Tapco: Smooth Sided Magazines

FINALLY! The main complaint I’ve had with Tapco’s AK-style magazines is that they’re ugly as sin. I understand why people want ridges on their magazine (grippiness and such) but I don’t envision myself ever being “downrange” or “in the sandbox” and “operationally operating” with my “operator grade magazines.” I just want something that works, and doesn’t make me want to gouge my eyes out. Thankfully, Tapco’s new slick sided magazine fills that role pretty damn well, giving it that “authentic” Soviet look. I’d say that I hope they start making actual bakelite magazines, but there are enough of those in the world left to satisfy demand probably until Judgement Day.

comments

1. avatar Anthony Meruelo says:

Nick, do you have a hook up for cheap Bakelite mags? There is such a large supply of them that you can’t buy one for less than $50. :/

1. avatar nonnamous says:

I was just thinking the same thing…I’d like a few for the Saiga I’m converting

2. avatar Martin Albright says:

You’re shooting an AK and you’re worried about the magazine being ugly?

That’s like complaining about ugly wheel covers on a Pontiac Aztek.

3. avatar ST says:

I think an AK looks plenty pretty.

4. avatar Johnny Rocket says:

Unless these have metal feed lips and lugs, these are no better than the ‘budget’ polymer magazines that are already on the market in the same style.

5. Yeah, ill buy them by the case if they have the metal reinforcements.

6. avatar Anthony Meruelo says:

That is the most important thing, do they have metal reinforced locking lugs and feed lips an are they cheaper than the AK30’s?

7. avatar Tom says:

I understand why people want ridges on their magazine (grippiness and such)

Putting ridges in objects makes them more stronger and rigid as well.

8. avatar Dave says:

Where are you finding these hoards of Bakelite mags you claim???