Because Nothing’s Too Stupid (or Useless) to Paint Green

Press Release:

COTTONWOOD, AZ (April 2012) – The new LaserLyte® Zombie Killer Edition PistolBayonet is another LaserLyte original. The fully functional, razor-sharp Ka-Bar® blade on a 30% glass-filled nylon blade handle in Zombie-attracting neon green fits on any medium to large pistol with a rail. The universal quick-detachable design allows the pistol bayonet to slide on and off easily with the press of two buttons. The 2.75 inch blade is a full-tang design with an aggressive serrated top. The blade is made from carbon steel and sharpened to a fine edge and finished with a black Teflon® coating for long-lasting protection. The overall length of the pistol bayonet is just 5.75 inches and it weighs 2.6 ounces. A custom polymer sheath is included. MSRP is $19.95.

comments

1. avatar Sanchanim says:

So pair that with the laser and you are green to go! 🙂
    Zombies look out!
    Course I guess it is for close quarters after you go through all your 1000 rounds, and have to start stabbing them in the eyes. But pretty cool looking. Makes it hard to put in your holster though…

2. avatar 2Wheels says:

Now they’ve really combined the 2 dumbest trends ever.

Bayonets on pistols and zombie themed guns/gun accessories.

Of course, since many zombie scenarios involve infections… One wonders why you’d want to stab a zombie and get its blood all over you…

1. avatar Chris Dumm says:

Only if you’re wearing a Sportsmanship Guide zombie hazmat suit!

3. avatar "Dr."Dave says:

Slashing wont do much good against a zombie…Which makes me wonder why they bothered with serrations. They typically make it much more difficult to withdraw a blade once its sunk into something.

If they put out a 6” bright neon green cruciform spike bayonet, as featured on Mosin Nagants (But shorter), i’d buy one in a heart beat. Stabby stabby stab stab.

4. avatar bontai Joe says:

I think I’ll wait until Victorinox makes a handgun before I want a knife on my pistol. I’m thinking the Swiss army will do it better.

1. avatar Sam Wright says:

a swiss army knife with a fold out derringer is what every one needs. Now if it just came in green you would be set.

1. avatar Bill F says:

Yes, a tiny .9mm.

5. avatar chase says:

These bayonet in different colors were on sale for $2 the other day, could of bought one and spray painted it.

6. avatar Wes says:

Just don’t shove it down in the front of your pants!

7. avatar CarlosT says:

I think this is a clever end run around California’s gun laws. As we know, bayonet lugs are one of the things that make a rifle evil there. Well, with this design, you can get a bayonet on a rifle without having bayonet lugs. You just need rails. Sure, the blade itself might not project past the barrel, but it’s the principle of the thing.

8. avatar ConradW says:

Doesn’t Obama say that the future is in “green jobs”?

9. avatar Low Budget Dave says:

This just goes to prove the old saying: “Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.”

That bayonet makes about as much sense as an electric fork — but that dual tone M&P pistol with the stainless slide is da bomb. Is that a one-off or the Cabela’s limited edition, ’cause I don’t see it on S&W’s web site.

11. avatar Andrew says:

“handle in Zombie-attracting neon green”

so my strategy has been wrong all these years, i always thought you were supposed to avoid the zombies.

12. avatar psmcd says:

fer pokin n carvin the dead horse they done finished beatin

13. avatar Patrick Carrube says:

I had no idea they were from Cottonwood! Well, at least that is news…

14. avatar IdahoPete says:

“Right-o lads! Those zombie Huns may have barbed wire and machine guns, but WE have neon-green bayonet handles! Over the top again – for the Queen and Blighty! FOLLOW MEEEEEEEEE!”

15. avatar GunSlinger says:

I feel I need to share this with fellow shooters. LaserLyte has LOST my business. I got my S & W shield in the mail and it came with a booklet for accessories. In the booklet was a LaserMax, Inc. laser sight description. Later, I went to LaserLyte’s website and saw they copied the LaserMax description from the booklet, word for word! Even the headline. Not cool. I hope LaserMax calls them out for this.. if they even know yet.