What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Hope and Glory Edition

“Mark O’Brien uses dumped packaging to make quirky life-sized sculptures, from shoes and hats to pots of paint and cutlery,” sun.co.uk reports. “The [Wigan] sculptor now displays some of his work in galleries and makes props for schools and theatres.” I hate to say it but this very talented young lad is a dead man walking. When one of the UK’s Armed Response Units gets the call—as they no doubt will—Mr. O’Brien will be recycled but good. Just sayin’ . . . [h/t Aaron]

comments

1. avatar Aaron says:

In addition, the British publication incorrectly captioned his homemade M-16 as an “AK-47”

2. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

The way I look at things, it could be worse. He could be playing war-themed video games all day.

3. avatar Mr. Lion says:

Plenty of work and opportunity across the pond for Mr. O’Brien’s creativity. Just sayin’.

4. avatar MadDawgJ says:

That is impressive, especially using found boxes. I’ve seen plastic molded toys that didn’t have that level of detail.

5. avatar bontai Joe says:

I can visualize this kid having a big career in making movie props, and special effects. I wish him well in parlaying his talents into a great career.

Blimey, a gun! Arrest the bugger.

7. avatar Accur81 says:

That’s a sweet Cardboard Colt! I wonder if it comes in a .9 mm, cause I’d definitely buy one.

8. avatar Joel says:

Poor overseas chaps, they can’t play with the real thing. I have a friend in Singapore, he talks about a hobby so big over there, modifying and then battling with nerf guns, so big that’s it’s nearly a sport. the only thing is, grown men participate in it 10X more than any child. I’m not saying there’s anything WRONG with that, but seriously, It’s kinda touchingly sad to us gunnies over here to watch 25-year-olds in Singy not being able to even own airsoft guns.

9. avatar JWhite says:

> In b’fo “Finger off the trigger”

What a jackass. Thankfully it’s only cardboard.