Gun Tweet of the Day: Spike Lee Apologizes for Inciting Violence. Or Not.

One of the things I don’t miss about a certain someone: their apologies. “I’m sorry you feel that way.” In other words, I wasn’t wrong. You just feel that I was wrong. And I’m operating on the assumption that you’re too stupid to understand that. Spike Lee’s apology to the McClain family—for retweeting their address to his 253,125 followers—is the same deal. Because Lee’s real mistake wasn’t about the McClains per se. It was his decision to Tweet his followers an address that the director believed belonged to George Zimmerman, the Floridian who shot Trayvon Martin. That was his mistake. For that he should apologize. But won’t, because he reckons it would damage his street cred. FLAME DELETED.

comments

1. avatar Just Another Matt says:

he and his Black Panther “buddies” should be in jail for their threats……..in the cell next to AG Holder for refusing to investigate these threats

1. avatar Mitch says:

You people make me sick. Change the name of this site to something more fitting, because this doesn’t have a THING to do with guns. I can’t believe what this site has become…

1. avatar Brian says:

It’s part of an unfolding story that has tremendous bearing on the public’s discussion of gun policy. In this instance, the “truth about guns” is that the media and people who do not care to discover the facts may incite violence if you ever have to defend yourself with a firearm.

Regardless of Mr. Zimmerman’s innocence, guilt or justification, this is a very pertinent “gun issue.”

(I’m not declaring Mr. Zimmerman a blameless, pure little lamb, but until all the facts are clear and the justice system works itself out, he must be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Even if he ultimately is proven to have acted illegally, heck, even with malice and premeditation, it’s not up to other individuals citizens to take the law into their own hands as Mr. Lee did. Ironically, Lee and the Black Panthers are doing the exact same thing they accuse Zimmerman of doing, and they’re proud of it.)

If you don’t like the site, you’re free to not visit.

2. avatar Chris says:

Oh, that’s where you’re short sighted. Read the articles, they all mention the stand your ground law by calling it a “shoot first” law. This pertains to public opinion on use of force for self defense. So I think it has relevance here.

3. avatar Accur81 says:

It’s a follow up from a previous post, which was in turn about the aftermath of a highly – publicized DGU.

Relax, switch to decaf, find your happy place. If you’re too offended to continue, look away or press the delete button, and have a nice day!

2. avatar GS650G says:

And I deeply apologize, Mr. Lee, for never watching your movies. I’m sorry you feel slighted by the lack of interest I have in your work it’s just I have more pressing things to do, like laundry.

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

And cleaning up after the dog. And dental surgery.

1. avatar GS650G says:

Taxes came up, far more enjoyable

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Reading the entire Twilight saga, then watching the movies, might be a tie. Might.

2. avatar Aharon says:

GS,

See. We do have more agreements and values in common than it appears.

3. avatar KWAL says:

RF you have never been more correct. BTW I love the FLAME DELETED 🙂

4. avatar karlb says:

His publishing of the address was wrong, and there is no reason to ever do something like this: every time it has been done in the past, it was wrong: and every time it will be done in the future, it will be is wrong. I am pleased that he added “Justice In Court.” I hope he meant that.

1. avatar GS650G says:

I bet his publicist or lawyer sent that in, not him.

5. avatar JSIII says:

The Black Panthers and those like them get away with murder (real murder) but the JD has total tunnel vision on “Dangerous Militia groups”…who end up being charged for bogus crimes. I Can’t believe we gave the Obama JD a pass on the Philly Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case, makes me sick to think about it.

6. avatar IdahoPete says:

So Spike Lee posts an incorrect address, for a completely innocent elderly couple, on his twit account, and encourages his idiot followers to go to that address and (“no violence, please” wink, wink) “see that justice is done”. So the elderly couple has to leave their home, in fear for their lives, not knowing if one of Mr. Lee’s followers will burn their house down. In fear for their lives? Emotional trauma? Pain and suffering?

Gee, sounds like a HUGE lawsuit to me. And since Mr. Lee is a famous movie director/producer with LOTS of money, they should be able to find a lawyer who will take the case for less than 50%. That should feel a lot better to the McClain’s than the weasel-worded “apology”.

1. avatar Tom says:

Well, Lee did have Justice in Court posted. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

7. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

Geez, Robert, I never even got an “I’m sorry you feel that way” out of my ex-dragon. I still love women though, Aharon, I just know better than to marry another one. 🙂

8. avatar Greg in Allston says:

Mr. Lee; Too little, too late. Jerk.