What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Bat Gun

Maybe the caped crusader would tote one of these in his Batmobile along with his Batarang and Batphone. Probably not, though. Do we really need to lay out why a bat that kinda looks like a rifle is a bad idea?

comments

1. How useless and impractical.

2. avatar bontai Joe says:

Somebody has WAYYYYYYYYY too much time on their hands….

3. avatar Sam Wright says:

Wow, there is even a muzzle hole on the end for you to cork it.

4. avatar Charlie says:

Wow way to kill the balance. Better off with one of the Cold Steel plastic bats.

5. avatar C. S. P. Schofield says:

That is the silliest goddamned thing I’ve ever seen that wasn’t pink.

6. avatar Ben Eli says:

My baseball coach in highschool was actually afraid of how much I talked about guns and shooting and what not. If only I had brought one of these to practice…

7. avatar Xaq Fixx says:

It is art. People aren’t walking around with it, no one is using it as a bat or a gun. It is no more a bad idea than a framed picture of a gun, or a non-firing replica in a museum. Hell, it is even less realistic than a blue gun… do you think those are bad ideas as well?

8. avatar Buuurr says:

The bat is pointless. On another note. Hi-Point Carbine in .45. Should I get it? Anyone have any opinions on it?

1. avatar Aharon says:

HP has a small yet loyal following with its carbines. The two people online I know that have one love it. I’ve heard them described as good, cheap err inexpensive, and reasonably fairly accurate. Some call them planet of the ape guns. The .45 features a 17.5″ barrel. While I have no idea how such a relatively long barrel for a .45 bullet to get fired out of will affect ballistics, it can be only a positive improvement.

1. avatar Buuurr says:

Yeah, cheap is what I am going for, Aharon. I just want a rifle to plink with… home defense and maybe some close in deer stalking. I figure best to start with cheap and see if I like it. Otherwise I just buy a rifled barrel for my mossy and smoke the deer with slugs.

Buuurr, why not get the Hi-Point and the bat gun? If the gun sucks, beat the cwap out of it with the bat. If the bat sucks, shoot it with the gun.

Damn, I’m good.

1. avatar Buuurr says:

You make crap piles of sense, Ralph. In these dark times of one story in the media… I salute you.

2. avatar Monty says:

It’s a Hi-Point, you’ll have better trying to shoot them with the bat than the gun. Or you can just beat them with either, though the bat would probably survive that better too.

1. avatar Buuurr says:

What I have read review-wise paints a different story from what you present.