Irresponsible Gun Owner of the Day: Patrck Etchison

Driving a cab in Macon, Georgia must leave you a lot of time for other pursuits. Even on a Saturday night it’s not exactly like being a hack in a bigger city where you spend a lot of your time, well, driving. So if that’s your job, we’d suggest bringing along a book. Some sudoku puzzles maybe. Anything other than playing with your gun. Unfortunately, as macon.com informs us, Patrick Etchison didn’t have much to occupy his time Saturday evening. “The driver, Patrick Etchison, told officers he was waiting on a call when he decided to unload his gun. In the process, he shot himself. Etchison was treated by EMTs at the scene, but he refused to be taken to the hospital.” Safety tip: don’t play with it. And don’t muzzle your own hand, OK?

comments

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

I can hear it now….. “I was sitting on the corner, minding my own business when my gun just up and shot me for no reason! One minute, the gun is nice and comfy in my belt, and the next minute, BLAM! it goes off. I don’t know why, it just did.”

2. avatar Not Too Eloquent says:

Entertain me….please….

Etchison said that he wanted to unload his gun, and he unloaded his gun. His method is a bit radical and a tad noisy but still effective. Pray that next time he doesn’t look down the barrel just to, y’know, check if there’s anything in there.

4. avatar Tim says:

Of all the things he could have done to occupy his time, unloading his gun is the best he could come up with. Go grab a bite to eat, listen to the radio, rub one out, and he thought this was the best use of his time. I’ve done some stupid stuff while bored, but I’ve never thought to myself “I’m bored, maybe I’ll unload my gun to pass the time”.

5. avatar GS650G says:

Next time bring a dirty magazine.

1. avatar NR says:

Ok, I’ll take the bait… how would dirt in the magazine have prevented this? I mean, presumably he already had one chambered…

1. avatar DoctorHog says:

I see what you did there.