OPMOD Battle Mug Report Highlights British Humor Fail

[HTML1]

Back in the 80’s, I lived in Pimlico (London, England). As I do now, I worked from home. One day, I awoke to the sound of a jackhammer outside my window. After two days of aural abuse, I stormed up to the workman. “WHAT ARE YOU DIGGING?” I demanded. He turned off the hammer. “The road,” he replied. As the Brits say, you gotta laff mate. But when it comes to guns, the country that confiscated its subjects’ firearms and banned them for self-defense has no bloody sense of humor. At tall. The dailymail.co.uk‘s report on the OTT OPMOD Battle Mug (review coming) plays it completely straight. (Or do they?) The article ends with “MailOnline has contacted OpticsPlanet to find out if it can be converted to a gun.” As the Brits are wont to say, pull the other one mate; it’s got bells on it. [h/t to Bryan]

comments

1. avatar Skyler says:

Man, I thought I was missing the humor gene, but you’ve got it even worse!

Or maybe I just have a Brit sense of humor. I think my great great grandfather was English. It’s very clear to me that this article is tongue in cheek.

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

I bet you dollars to donuts they weren’t kidding.

1. I think the irony was a little too subtle for you matey; that was certainly not a serious piece of journalism.
        Oh BTW; we haven’t been totally disarmed yet, despite rumours to the contrary & the Home Secretary only last year stated that we most certainly DO have a Right to defend ourselves & others, using whatever force is necessary.
        I’d still rather be in the US on a permanent basis though….

2. Yes, it was meant as a funny piece, but I’m pretty sure they really did contact OP to see if there’s any way to make the mug shoot.

1. avatar HSR47 says:

It’s easy: black powder and a properly size foam projectile.

2. avatar Michael says:

Drinking coffee and shooting at the same time, how terrible. Now it was a tactical tea cup us Brits would be happy.
    Michael

3. avatar Charles says:

High-tech beer goggles.

4. avatar Matt in FL says:

I really do think that cup is pretty awesome. I love the detachable handle. If my frivolous personality could distract my practical personality for long enough to hit “Buy,” I’d have one.

5. avatar Nick Leghorn says:

*facepalm* they used the wrong “too” in the title…

6. avatar GS650G says:

Not available in NJ, NYC, CA, DC, MD or Chicago without a permit.

7. avatar Ropingdown says:

The brits love to have a bit of fun with US gun stuff, but secretly many do think an AR would look fine in the foot well of their Land Rover, partly covered by their Barbour hunting jacket. I saw the cup advertised. Only the price stopped me.

8. avatar Johnny Canada says:

Pimlico…wow, that’s a nice area!