February 26, AFS, 6pm: “An Evening of Guns and Cigars”

Guns and cigars go together like FLBP and thechive.com. In fact, it’s hard to know which came first. (So to speak.) Anyway, TTAG and Cigar Masters have teamed-up to sponsor “An Evening of Cigars and Guns.” We’re holding this seminal event at the American Firearm School in North Attelboro, MA on Sunday, February 26, from 6 – 8:30pm. $149 buys you one hour of range time, a heaping plate of BBQ, three fine cigars and the stogie-clipping services (ouch) of two cigar girls. You can bring your own gatt, but you have to buy your ammo and targets from AFS. In compensation, I’ll tender an FN-SCAR, Desert Eagle and a Gemini Customs SP-101 for your dining and dancing pleasure. Space is limited. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Call 401 835 5054. On the night it’ll be just like a righteous DGU: smoke ’em if you got ’em!

comments

1. avatar Phydeaux says:

Sounds like a great time. How about organizing one for Portland, OR?

2. avatar NCG says:

Okay, mikeB, RF lobbed this one right over the plate for you…

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

AAAAaayyyyy-batta-batta-batta-batta-batta-batta-batta-batta-SWING! Eekantit-eekantit-eekantit-eekantit-eekantit-eekantit.

1. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

Well, I was thinking it’s a buncha macho crap.

An evening of smoking guns and shooting cigars? Sound like fun!

4. avatar cliff says:

Alas, I live in a state in which all forms of smoking indoors (not counting personal dwellings or cars — yet) is banned*, so nothing like this is available in my surroundings. Officially jealous, that I am.

* The slightest inhalation of second hand smoke kills virtually instantly. Which explains why all the baby boomers who grew up in smokers’ homes (about 60% of them) are all dead and why Social Security is completely financially sound.

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Smoking is prohibited in any building used by the public in Massachusetts. Outdoor heaters. So to speak.

1. avatar APBTFan says:

Once again Penn & Teller sift through the Bulls!t. Plenty of cussing. Those who don’t like colloquial should pass.

5. avatar Tank03 says:

Kind of ironic that it’s being held in MA. Slightly too far away for me, but I’d be sure to attend if there were one in NH. Thanks for continuing to come up with such novel ideas; keep up the great work.

6. avatar Mr. Lion says:

Excellent photo. First reaction: Mmm.. yes. Some of both.

7. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

people still smoke Fuente 858’s ???

I prefer the Fuente 870 in 12 gauge.

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

I was kinda leaning towards a Rocky Patel Edge or the Ernesto Carrillo line, but hey . . . .

2. avatar Not too Eloquent says:

Dude is flat out funny. Why are the funny guys always attorneys?

1. avatar CarlosT says:

I’m not a lawyer, but I know a lot of them and what I’ve learned is if you don’t have a sense of humor, law school and law practice will just grind you down into dust.

2. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

Friends from law school who were too serious are no longer practicing. Those of us who managed to crack a few jokes (bonus for in class when the prof called on you), well, we are doing well.

8. avatar sdog says:

this looks awesome, too bad a.) i live 500ish mile south and b.) Chantix has changed my life. Get something like this together in PA or VA and I’d gladly make the drive!

1. avatar DrewR55 says:

Weren’t those Chantix dreams the worst?

1. avatar sdog says:

uhg yea they were.

9. avatar Jim Barrett says:

Love to come, but 90 miles is bit too far for an evening cigar event. Hope we can do something like this a bit further North, or perhaps even in NH. I could always talk to the owner of Two Guys Smoke Shop to see if he’d be interested in something like this.

1. avatar Tank03 says:

I’m a NH guy myself and would love to see something similar here.

10. avatar Jason says:

Cigars and guns but no scotch? Buncha’ savages in this town…

1. avatar Accur81 says:

Add a McCallan 18 and you’d have most of the finer things in life.

You do realize that you’re talking about alcohol, tobacco and firearms, right?

1. avatar Vigilantis says:

Throw in some explosives and we got ourselves a party.

2. avatar Jim Barrett says:

Yeah, kind of reminds me a bachelor party we threw one of our friends some years ago. Day consisted of Beer, Cigars, and Shooting Clay Traps in my friend’s backyard. We called it our ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) weekend. We were fortunately smart enough to keep the Beer and Shotguns separated – ie: no drinking until we were done shooting ’cause I still remember turning around with a shotgun in my hand and seeing two members of the CT State Police getting out of their car. Turns out some other nutbag was shooting at houses and the cops came to our place since they heard the shots. Fortunately, while they were chatting with us, more gunfire was heard a ways off and they were off again. Good times.

11. avatar Aharon says:

I’m waiting for some anti-gun nut to start making comments about the phallic-shaped handgun barrel and cigar compensating for something,

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Sometimes a gun is just a gun.

1. avatar NCG says:

You did your best to lob it right up there. A man can only try.

2. avatar Aharon says:

I think that a gun is always a gun. Since I’m allergic to tobacco, a cigar is another matter.