This video is very sad, but there are lessons to be learned for the armchair self-defender. Lessons that may save someone’s life.
Here is what I see:
1. Zombie mind criminals do not care about a victim’s life. Obey immediately or die. It makes no difference to them.
2. Just give the criminal the cash and let him walk away, and live…or….
3. Go medieval on the guy as soon as he pockets the pistol and beat the ever loving stuffing out of him every way you can. Then run away and live.
4. The criminal actually tells the guy to back off prior to shooting him. The victim doesn’t believe the BG will kill him and pushes his resistance, but not nearly enough. He tries to take a middle road and is shot for his trouble. He should have listened to the BG.
5. Despite taking a several bullets, the victim doesn’t just drop instantly from his wound. Dying takes time, sometimes. It appears he died from a neck wound.
If I’d been unarmed and unaware of my circumstances, I would have let the mugger have the cash in this situation. The only other option at that point would have been swift, violent animal aggression.
But who wants to be at the mercy of a criminal? If carrying a pistol, I would not like being frisked as the victim was and possibly losing the gun, and that might increase my aggression in this situation. I don’t think there would be time to draw or stab, bare hands only, control his gun hand and bash his head with and into everything possible.
These scenarios are worthy of thought. Any other thoughts out there?