Brand Extension of the Day: Beretta Classic Hardwood Cheese Board

“Perfectly sized for serving at the table or the sideboard. The cutting board is a 2″ thick slice of makha hardwood from south Asia. Hard, heavy and dense, makha makes a long- lasting cutting board and develops a beautiful patina as it ages. The hardwood board easily removes from the solid pewter base for cleaning. 13″ diameter.” Now on sale at berettausa.com for 25% off ($258.75) plus shipping and handling.

comments

1. avatar Joe nobody says:

Like always the ruger cheese platter will be a better buy and will take much more abuse.

1. avatar Rokurota says:

Meh, I’ll wait until after the recall.

2. avatar Aharon says:

Where do you mount the bayonet for slicing the cheese? I thought William Sonoma had high prices. The American materialism and consumerism lifestyle turns me off. Last night, I cooked an incredible Chicken Paprikash in my $30 Lodge cast-iron dutch oven. It was as delicious as any great restaurant serves the dish. I found the recipe at Simply Recipes com. Next time, I’m going to cook it with three types of paprika and use pale ale instead of chicken broth. The simple pleasures in life are often the best.

1. avatar O.N. says:

Americans aren’t very materialistic. Too many of their goods and clothes are just ugly. A real materialist society would be much more aesthetically pleasing, a la France. Consumerist? Absolutely yes.

1. avatar Aharon says:

ON,

Interesting perspective and good observations on a more precise definition of materialism vs consumerism. Most American taste is certainly not as refined or demanding in quality as the Europeans.

2. avatar DaveL says:

Where do you mount the bayonet for slicing the cheese?

“Now available in black polymer, with a shoulder thing that goes up! Order Now!*”

*Not available in some states.

Clean it with Hoppe’s #9 and give it a light coating of REM oil and it’ll last forever.

4. avatar Slab Rankle says:

Henry Ford used left over wood from Model T production to make Kingsford briquettes. I’ll bet they bought a bunch of this “Makha wood” for gun stocks, and when that didn’t work out, they said “Let’s make cutting boards instead!”.

What else can they make from this stuff? Chess sets?

5. avatar Aharon says:

Is that possibly a Stilton or a Roquefort blue cheese in the picture? I haven’t bought blue cheese in years.

6. avatar CarlosT says:

Sounds interesting, but I prefer my cheeseboards striker fired or single action.

7. avatar Mr. Lion says:

If it comes with a mini cougar .45 hidden under the board, I’m in.

8. avatar Manny says:

And Beretta wonders why they don’t have the gun market cornered? Could it possibly be because they have turned into Eddie Bauer and only care about the European fowl hunter?

9. avatar Marky says:

This would be a prime time for flock to ACTUALLY produce tactical Tupperware, as to deny Beretta a monopoly on kitchen supplies.