Recon Cigars in 25mm Phalanx Anti-Aircraft Casing Tubes

The extravagantly named J. Giovanni Baquerizo’s [above right] hoping to make a living selling premium cigars hand-rolled in Nicaragua, encased in replicas of 25mm Phalanx anti-aircraft shells. Thanks to the SOPA protest, I can’t link to the wikipedia entry for the system, a last ditch naval defense that throws up a curtain of lead to shred airplanes and missiles while nearby sailors prepare to kiss their butts goodbye. Somehow I don’t think anyone reading this post really cares. But I bet there are members of our Armed Intelligentsia who’ll be more excited by the pic of Recon’s big ass cigar box after the jump than the pic above. Prove me wrong . . .

About Robert Farago

11 Responses to Recon Cigars in 25mm Phalanx Anti-Aircraft Casing Tubes

1. avatarDerry M says:

You would sure create a stir if you pulled one of those badboys out of your coat in a public place! Are the cigars any good?

2. avatarHenry Bowman says:

The anti-air Phalanx CIWS (Close-In Weapons System) fires a 20mm round. There is another ship mounted weapon, the MK 38, that fires 25 mm, but it is an anti-surface weapon. Just FYI.

Also, maybe it’s just the picture, but the casing looks way too long to be the actual brass from either of those weapon systems. Regardless, it’s still a pretty cool little gimmick as a cigar holder.

3. avatarGerard says:

Boobs.

4. avatarready, fire,aim says:

I see monica lewinsky lost some weight…..still with the cigar thing I see…..

5. avatarJohn D says:

Just don’t try to bring your sample back in your carry-on bags!

6. avatarJess Banda says:

Wonder what the “Daddy’s” tattoo on her wrist means…

7. avatarMarty says:

WHAT’S THEIR BOOTH NUMBER?? want to swing by…but Recon doesn’t come up in a booth search……

8. avatarTony Canny says:

I found the recon cigars at http://marchprecisionguns.com for sale. They have different amounts for sale so I guess they are available out there. This place seems to be the only place that has them right now.