New from Uberti: Silver Boy Lever Action .22

[HTML1]

Uberti new Silver Boy vs. Henry Repeating Rifle’s Golden Boy. Geddit? “History repeats itself,” Uberti pronounces. Yes, well, I wouldn’t be surprised if Uberti gets a letter from Anthony Imperato’s lawyer in the next week or so with the words “Not so funny now, eh Mr. Bond?” underneath some serious letterhead. [Click here to read TTAG's review of the most excellent Henry Repeating Arms Golden Boy.] Meanwhile, I’ve got to say it: I prefer silver to gold. And if the $589 Uberti Silver can match the $515 Henry’s quality—a very tough proposition indeed—then game on! Oh, and please take a moment to mourn the passing of Marlin as these two manufacturers eat the storied brand’s lunch.

About Robert Farago

10 Responses to New from Uberti: Silver Boy Lever Action .22

1. avatarAharon says:

That video promo ad is so much like the ones on the Stoeger site pushing its Coach Guns and their Outback.

2. avatarTom says:

Nifty gun.

3. avatarTotenglocke says:

I like Uberti’s stuff, but seeing as how this isn’t a side-loader, I won’t be buying it – just like I won’t be buying any Henry’s.

4. avatarChris Dumm says:

Uberti has made some *extremely* fine retro lever guns, but paying more for an aluminum-framed Uberti than for a brass-framed Henry? That’s a tough sell.

As for both these guns being front-loaders, we’ll just have to deal with it. Side-loading tiny rounds doesn’t work too well, and even Marlin quit trying in the late 1800s.

• avatarBob Dobbs says:

Yeah, but the Henry isn’t “real” brass. It’s a mystery alloy receiver cover that just looks like brass in the rimfires. Only the larger calibers are machined out of real brass.

I’ll take an alloy with a known provenance (aluminum) over a “nobody will name it” brass-like alloy any day.

5. avatarfrankgon4 says:

I will always have my 20 year old Marlin in .44 magnum.