New from Heizer: Double Tap

[HTML1]

Hey, it’s called the Double Tap. So why wouldn’t we offer you another look at the derringer of the day? OK, the Heizer Double Tap’s about as far removed from ye olde two-shot micro-pistol as Rosie O’Donnell is from Natalia Vodianova. But the concept is the same: deep concealment. According to our man Dan, Heizer’s not going to have any trouble scaring-up orders for their diminutive semi. Securing one, or raising the cash for same, could be something of an issue. Good luck with that. Review to follow . . .

comments

1. avatar Gerard says:

“Tactical reload” *snort*

2. avatar CarlosT says:

This design caught my eye… and directed it towards J-frame revolvers. If I’m going to carry a last-ditch gun, then I’d rather have five shots I can use without a reload.

1. avatar Pyrotek85 says:

I was thinking the same, like an LCR or something. I can’t really see where you could conceal this and not other pocket pistols, and you’re losing the already limited capacity that pocket guns have. Not to mention that this is pretty pricey atm.

3. avatar Mr. Lion says:

Still want one, if for nothing other than the really big fireball that’s going to come out of the loud end.

4. avatar 2Wheels says:

As dumb as I think this little gun is, it’ll be interesting to see someone shoot it at the range. Especially if they were crazy enough to buy the titanium version.

5. avatar Big J says:

I have watched the animated video on this gun’s action a dozen time and I need this question answered:

Does it discharge both barrels at the same time? I can’t see how it doesnt. If it were a two shot pul the trigger and *bang* pull the trigger again and *bang* I could get behind that. But if its one double barrel *boom* that seems like a hand breaking waste of aluminum.

1. It shoots one barrel at a time, alternating back and forth between the two.

6. avatar bontai Joe says:

The thinness of it attracts me. Thinner than any semi-auto I know of in .45, but I have to agree that 5 “bangs is usually better than 2 “bangs”, even if those 5 bangs make smaller holes

1. avatar Ron says:

And with five bangs you get five chances to make a hole.

7. avatar Ron says:

As I stated before It’s still better than nothing.
    But since I never have nothing, I’ll pass again.

In fact with a MSRP between $500 and $800 I can think of dozens ( hundreds?) of better than nothings that are much better than this better than nothing.

8. avatar JWhite says:

“ye olde two-shot micro-pistol”

LMAO

9. avatar mikeb302000 says:

Nobody minds that he pointed the gun at himself?

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

His finger was never on the trigger or even near the trigger, and all things considered, I’d rather he pointed it at himself than at me.

1. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

That a bunch of rationalizing crap, Joe.

10. avatar TEXAS RESIDENT says:

YOU CANT EVEN KILL YOURSELF WIHT THIS GUN THE KICK OF IT IS SO POWERFUL BECAUSE OF ITS SMALL SIZE AND 45 CALIBER ACP ROUND THAT THE BULLET WOULD PROBABLY COME OUT OF YOUR ASS INSTEAD OF YOUR HEAD!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUN FOR!!! STAY THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS THERES A REASON GUNS ARE LEGAL HERE!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!

11. avatar TEXAS RESIDENT says:

FSFEF

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Tex, have you been drinking?

12. avatar TEXAS RESIDENT says:

THERES NO NEED TO DRINK WHEN YOU DEVELOP A TASTE FOR TEXAS!!!!

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

LOL! I’d call that a “yes”.

13. avatar TEXAS RESIDENT says:

IF YOUR FROM TEXAS YOU KNOW DAMMED WELL WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!

14. avatar Arne Boberg says:

Few parts means a good profit for the manufacturer. I’m not going to kick myself for not building such a gun – I like the challenge of making a 5+1 forty-five in this same size (but a little thicker), even though it means making less money.