Brady Campaign Video. Comments Disabled. Do the Math.

[HTML1]

A member of TTAG’s Armed Intelligentsia sent this link with the following observation: “I guess the Brady Bunch truly is out of new material. They posted this yesterday and it’s nothing but the same old scare tactics we’ve seen for 20+ years. I like how they want folks to “get the true story” yet surprise, surprise they disabled comments.”

comments

1. avatar Joe nobody says:

If the quality of that video is any indication of the amount of resources the brady campaign has then lets just forget they exist and soon enough they wont. Just look at the amount of views on there videos. Most of them are probably gun owners watching the videos in disgust anyway.

1. avatar Max says:

my thoughts exactly. If we ignore them, they really will go away.

2. avatar Corey says:

This looks like it was put together by a group of 5th-6th graders (that don’t know PowerPoint all that well)

1. avatar peter says:

As someone who didn’t know how to use powerpoint well (until recently), I take offense at that.

I could do much better than that the first time I tried it. 😉

3. avatar Kirk says:

Shouldn’t the misty background skull in the final scenes have a bullet hole in there somewhere? Missing teeth? Jaw? Something?

4. avatar Robert says:

That video nearly gave me epilepsy.

5. avatar SCS says:

Wow, that sucked.

6. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

I think with a little time one could write a nice rap to put over those beats

7. avatar CarlosT says:

I actually, literally laughed out loud. That was just pathetic.

8. avatar Matt Gregg says:

If this is the best those clowns can do then I’d say things are looking up for the RKBA community.

9. avatar Silver says:

Ah, it’s always nice watching your enemies writhe about, knowing they’ve lost but childishly unwilling to accept it.

The disabling of comments is proof that they know they’re wrong. It’s also an indication of their true disdain for the values of this country, the kind of Constitution-intolerance that scumbags like mikeb always reflect.

10. avatar Tom says:

You have to remember the gun control groups are used to having a monopoly on the media. Since the Internet is a two way communication street, I can now fight back and I now have a voice!!!!

11. avatar wade says:

They mentioned The Truth About Guns in there, free advertising!

12. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

You guys are really funny. I read the comments before watching the video. Sure enough, I didn’t find anything pathetic or epilepsy-inducing about it. What I did see was a very simple and very clear message that you guys don’t like to hear.

You guys love to attack the message the the people who deliver it, but you cannot deny what’s happening with guns in the US. More than 30,000 are dying each year and many of them are avoidable.

1. avatar RuffRidr says:

What comments did you read? There is nothing on there. Much like your site, the Brady Campaign is trying to manipulate the message by either outright disabling all comments, or picking and choosing which to publish through one-sided moderation.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

He’s talking about the comments here.

And Mike, seriously, I’ve seen middle school projects with better production values.

2. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Sorry, Mike. Homicide didn’t make the list. Perhaps we should legislate heart disease and cancer.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

The Bradys could save 20 times the people if they turned their efforts against heart disease. It’s more important all the time with the increase in childhood obesity? Why won’t they think of the children?

2. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

Moonshine, For those other top killers you have other blogs. Plenty of people are working on those things.

Over here we’re talking about guns and I for one, am not happy with the numbers of deaths and injuries and the cost of it all. Are you?

1. avatar RuffRidr says:

I’m not either. Clearly we need more gun safety training and education to reduce accidents in the home.

13. avatar Matthew J. Nadolski says:

Am I the only person who finds the inclusion of suicide and the idea of “struggling with depression” as a “moment in life” as being grossly disrespectful? Do they honestly believe that a person will arbitrarily rush to suicide because there happens to be a gun around?

And for the record, yes, I am happy with what firearms do. You purport that legal firearms are the cause of these deaths and injuries, when a cursory review of England’s firearm laws prove otherwise. Murderers will commit murder regardless of the legality of firearms, and they will continue to use firearms regardless of their legality; and in fact may be encouraged to do so by their status as being outright illegal.

With a firearm I have the opportunity to prevent a murderer from succeeding. Without one I have to wait until police arrive which, if the murderer is armed with a firearm, will be far too late. Period. You have no argument against this because there isn’t one.

1. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

You’re being tricky again.

“Do they honestly believe that a person will arbitrarily rush to suicide because there happens to be a gun around?”

You know very well people don’t say that. We don’t say it’s BECAUSE there’s a gun around. What we do say is suicide is often a permanent response to a temporary problem, and the availability of a gun increases the chances of success.

1. avatar peter says:

Looking around, in the most disarmed room in my house (read: there is nothing here warned as physically dangerous by marketing), I realize upon thinking about it that there are virtually unlimited methods at hand.

People hang themselves with stronger-variety scarves. Eliminating guns will not stop them.

A depression specialist might though.

14. avatar DrVino says:

Maybe, in addition to “I am a gun owner” memes, there ought to be a “How a gun changed my life” meme…..