Quote of the Day: Training Edition

“They put me with an ex-Mossad [Israeli Secret Service Agent]…He put a GPS on my car and jumped me out of a hair salon. He gave me a blue gun, and so any time we saw a blue gun … if he jumped us out of any place, we’d have to pull the blue gun, and if we didn’t pull it before the other guy did then we lost. And I lost. He wanted to kidnap me, but Steven Soderbergh said that was a little excessive.”  – MMA champ Gina Carano at thefrisky.com on how director Steven Soderberg trained her for her part in the upcoming movie, Haywire.

comments

1. avatar Aaron says:

>He put a GPS on my car and jumped me out of a hair salon.

Did Soderberg hire a real ex-Mossad, or the Zohan?

1. avatar HSR47 says:

I thought it was common knowledge that one of the largest sources of humint for the Mossad was barbershops…

Seriously, you go in, spend maybe half an hour in the shop, and end up making small talk with the barber for 5-15 minutes while he cuts your hair….

2. avatar Mr. Lion says:

Ellen Ripley rides again. Yawn.

At least Hollyweird managed to get a halfway decent hero car for once.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

Gotta love the WRX.

The ex-Mossad guy jumped Gina Carano? Well, who wouldn’t.

4. avatar bontai Joe says:

I saw her interviewed on Letterman’s show. Apparently this lady has never acted before, and the director set her up with this Massad agent as part of her training. She is a legit MMA fighter, but the director felt she needed some training in how to react and fight outside the cage. She comes across as a bright, and funny person, enough that I’m interested in seeing the movie. I think she can have a pretty good career in action movies similar to Steven Seagal (he wasn’t all that talented as an actor either when he started) Hopefully she won’t get fat and slow like he did.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

Seagal never really improved as an actor either.