Defensive Gun Use of the Day: Gestating Edition

Few creatures are more protective than a mother is of her child. Which probably had something to do with the response two Fortuna, California burglers provoked when they broke into a home where an unidentified pregnant woman was alone. . .

This from times-standard.com:

The woman saw two men enter her home on the 3100 block of College Avenue and — unable to get to a phone — she pointed the handgun at them, saying she did not want to shoot and ordering them to leave, according to the Fortuna Police Department. When the men continued to advance, the woman fired the gun, missing the suspects and striking an interior wall. She called 911 at 11:27 a.m., notifying police that the suspects had fled.

Cops are on the lookout for the two would-be robbers. If you’ve seen a couple of guys in their 20’s, about 5’8″ tall who smell like they could use a diaper change, give the Fortuna PD a call. They’re offering a $1,000 reward.

comments

1. avatar Aharon says:

“Few creatures are more protective than a mother of her child”.

Just try and steal my books, and see what happens.

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

I think you may have misspelled “guns”. 😉

1. avatar Aharon says:

hee hee. Yes, guns too and my cast-iron cookware.

1. avatar Justin says:

They’re both useful as weapons too! 🙂

I love my cast iron! 🙂

2. avatar Eric says:

Oleg has some great pics of pregnant mothers with firearms.

If they’re still pregnant, they’re not mothers. Yet. Unless there are rug rats somewhere in their background.

1. avatar NR says:

If you’re pro-life, they’re mothers!

1. avatar BP says:

Amen brother! If they are pregnant they ARE mothers.

3. avatar John Fritz says:

A thousand bucks to be at the police and DA’s beck and call, to go spend days in a courtroom for free to testify and to have the perp’s homeboys spend a loong time giving me stinkeye from the back of the room and having them find out exactly who I am and exactly where I live…

Pass.

1. avatar Jarhead1982 says:

You then get to get their home addresses as well.  It is a two way street!

Having given that treatment back to a would be mugger one time, he shut the heck up for some reason.

4. avatar IdahoPete says:

Mikeb! When will you point out that this is just another “anecdote” about the effectiveness of using a gun for self-defense, and that this pregnant woman is undoubtedly in more danger from having the gun than she was from the two men who “entered her home and continued to advance”? Shouldn’t you use this incident as a learning tool for all of us gun owners?

I know I learned something from it: focus on the front sight, place in center of mass, press smoothly.

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

You’re forgetting that nobody was even hit, much less killed. This isn’t a legitimate DGU by Mike’s definition.

1. avatar IdahoPete says:

Actually, by Mikeb’s definition, there is never a “legitimate” DGU. All of these situations could be resolved by trying to understand the personal problems of the unfortunate victims of society (please – don’t call them “criminals”) who are merely trying to redistribute your wealth before the government can do so. Just give them what they want. Of course, that gets a bit uncomfortable if what they want is to rape/maim/kill you, but hey, thugs have needs and rights, too.

2. avatar RuffRidr says:

On his blog, this is what they refer to as a “mass shooting”. Him and his goofy band of anti-gunners will do anything to obfuscate or distort the facts to help out their position.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

I guess since the woman, the perps, the gun, and the bullet all had mass, you could call it that. Otherwise, this is beyond ridiculous, even by Mike’s standards.

2. avatar Charles says:

Maybe we should go over to Mike’s site and give him a nudge, he’s been conspicuously absent for a while now.

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

I’ve noticed that none of his other friends ever come over here to play. Maybe I should go tap on Laci the Dog’s cage…

1. avatar RuffRidr says:

Of course they won’t come on here to debate. Here they can’t selectively delete messages that they disagree with. Who cares, let them be relegated to their tiny little corner of the internet and be ignored.

2. avatar Charles says:

Have you posted at Mike’s blog? I was tempted once or twice, but I couldn’t think of anything nice to say, so…

3. avatar C. Walther says:

Don’t bother. Anything relevant you have to say will be banished to obscurity. The rest will cause Democommie to begin the f***a**ery that Mikeb claims to be against.

Honestly, none of those people live in America as far as I can tell. As such, their opinions on the subject are irrelevant to me.

4. avatar RuffRidr says:

Yes, I used to be a regular commenter over there. When Mike was the only editor over there, the place was kind of nice. No moderation, and some pretty good discussion. Then he started bringing others on as coeditors and things went downhill fast. His coblogger JadeGold has a habit of posting pictures and personal details of people he does not agree with. Moderation soon was put into place. Laci and Dog Gone love to use that as a way of screening out ideas that they do not agree with. The final straw for me was when one of my posts was edited. I had posted a link to a graph helping to back up one of my assertions. The link was edited to take someone to a totally different page. At that point I realized that Mike and his fellow bloggers are not interested in civil discourse and ever since I have treated them as the trolls that they are.

2. avatar Tony says:

I went to Mike’s blog once out of curiosity. I decided I’d not go back and help his visit numbers. I get enough of Mike when he spews here.

VERY FUNNY RALPH BUT WITTY FLAME DELETED

1. avatar Charles says:

Rats, I missed it.

2. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

Me too. 🙁

3. avatar mikeb302000 says:

Actually, Moonshine, it sounds like a perfectly legitimate DGU to me. Thank god she had a gun and wasn’t afraid to use it. And thank god she was such a bad shot. Those two losers might have a chance to make a career change – some criminals do you know.

1. avatar GS650G says:

“And too bad she was such a bad shot. Those two losers might not be around to try try again.”

There, fixed it for you. Try capitalizing God, he deserves the respect.

5. avatar NR says:

The lesson here? Practice marksmanship.

1. avatar Guywithagun says:

Oh, was that the lesson? I thought the lesson was “don’t bring your unborn child to a gun fight”.

I was WAAAAY off.

2. avatar Ropingdown says:

Of course she missed. Have you ever had kids? Do you remember your wife’s brain during gestation? Her diet?

If the BGs brought a peanut butter and pickle sandwich with them, they’d be fencing her stuff by now.

1. avatar Ropingdown says:

If they’d brought that stuff, she wouldn’t have missed. No time for talk. She’d ‘a robbed them.

2. avatar GS650G says:

Ice cream and root beer was my wife’s must have. I could have anything I wanted as long as Haagen Daze and root beer was in the fridge.

6. avatar Silver says:

In California no less. I’m surprised she wasn’t arrested and the two criminals given the thousand dollar reward for outing a crazed gun-owner.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

That’s in Newark.

7. avatar Tom says:

This situation calls for more gun control. She did miss.

8. avatar Jwhite says:

She needs to go to the range more often. She shot, she missed, they fled. Should be at least one scumbag staining your carpet in this scenario.

I have three words for you: Remove Carpet Cleaner.

The pet stain version works the best.

9. avatar GS650G says:

Those hormones can be ragin’ at times. They are lucky she didn’t have an AR, would have gotten messy.