CZ Importing 805 BREN A1 into U.S. By 2017. Maybe.

CZ manufactures the 805 BREN A1 in 5.56 for the Czech army. CZ’s marketing the select-fire, modular design (with a variable gas system convertible to 7.62) to European military clients. American LEO are interested, too. Naturally, CZ would love to import the 805 BREN A1 for the seemingly bottomless U.S. black rifle market. Unfortunately, the 805 BREN A1′s too scary for our friends at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (and Really Big Fires). Maybe it’s the 805 BREN A1′s creepy folding stock. Or the thing that folds up. That pistol grip looks pretty sinister, too. According to CZ’s spokesman, the 805 BREN A1′s on a “five-year glide path” to approval for sale in the US as a semi-auto rifle. Meanwhile, we hear that Mexican drug cartels have put their order in with their non-ATF suppliers.

7 Responses to CZ Importing 805 BREN A1 into U.S. By 2017. Maybe.

1. Talking points in order.
    1. That waiting period to be cleared sucks massive balls. Why 5 years?
    2. Does it use AR/STANAG mags?
    3. It looks pretty cool but who mounted that rear site so far up on the rail?
    That is all =)

• avatarAaron says:

Re. 2: In standard configuration it uses proprietary mags, but the magwell can be replaced with one that uses AR mags and AR mag release. (And unlike G36 adapters, they actually exist)

2. avatarNR says:

It’s definitely that HK-style safety/giggle switch. Those things are like, pure evil, man.

3. avatarTom says:

I actually liked this weapon. Too bad about lack of availability.

4. avatarRudiger Durst says:

Might be something that we will see in Canada well before the US. Provided, of course, the techs at the RCMP lab don’t do mechanical gymnastics and heavy machining to get it to go full auto. Here’s hoping!

5. avatarQuixote says:

I can barely wait for this rifle to some to the US, but what I don’t understand is -why- the BATFE thinks its so skeery. As others have said, it is modeled after the FN SCAR Rifles, and those are already being imported.

6. avatarMelissa says:

Oh thank you for your sweet comment. The fmusrooe was sparked by the work Summer for a challenge and I just had to made ice cream, and then I just had to make the girls with it. I love how styrofoam looks when I use it for ice cream! Now you are making me really want to start Project Life. Did you get her kit? I am worried about the expense. I think that is why I have not started. My question, is how did you start out and end up with a book deal? It is so amazing! I just love being published, and I think I am going to submit a lot of art this year, but not sure where I am going really. Just finding my own style and such! I cannot wait for your project life post. It would be fun to find others that are doing it and then doing a link party to share once a week or something!!! oh one more question, and sorry I am all over here, but are your doing PL for your current year? Are you caught up? I am thinking of starting off where I left off with scrapbooks, however, it is not current and I worry it wouldn’t be as effective. I think the point is to work on it current and have all your thoughts and fun extras…