The Cowboy Assault Rifle done right, by Wild West Guns

Call me a traditionalist, but I don’t think Cowboy Tactical gets any cooler than this Marlin .44 Magnum by Wild West Guns. If you want it, you’d better call them soon, though. Just like real estate, Marlin isn’t making them any more.

15 Responses to The Cowboy Assault Rifle done right, by Wild West Guns

1. avatarMark says:

Is that a park finish and synthetic stock, or did they paint the stock?
    If its synthetic do they offer the original wood to go with it?

Love my 336 30-30

2. avatarSteve says:

It needs a railed fore-arm, forward grip (Magpul AFG?), co-witness sights, adjustable butt-stock (a-la ATI Akita butt-stock) and a custom side-saddle to hold extra ammo.

Oh, and it needs to be in .45 Colt to be a true “Cowboy” assault rifle.

And I will take mine in Flat Dark Earth please.

3. avatarPatrick says:

You know what you don’t want when TTAG blogs about one of your guns? A placeholder website that does not have content.

4. avatarO.N. says:

It’s too tasteful to be tactical.

5. avatarMr. Lion says:

Yes, that. Exactly. No stupid rails or bastard-child-of-AR stocks.

I’d buy one.

6. avatarMatt Gregg says:

Ahhh, looking at that makes me feel better after that eye raping experience that Mossberg dished out.

This one looks great.

7. avatarHoth says:

Pretty sweet, but I’d be more impressed if they had also removed that stupid lawyer mandated safety.

8. avatarbontai Joe says:

Looks like the kind of gun I’d be willing to throw behind the seat of my truck and leave it there. I mean I wouldn’t really care if it got scratched up, because it’s a working gun, meant for rough environments. Which is me trying to say as politely as I can that it sure ain’t pretty, like my other lever guns, but I’d take it if that was all I could have.

9. avatarJW says:

How much $ ?

10. avatargerry wilson says:

after buying a rossi off line I was not a happy camper. every thing from the outside looked great , but when it was loaded I found a feed problem. I made sure all bullet and cases for problem but everthing measures out. I can get the bullet to go into the chamber but it takes a lot of pressure and time . can you help me with this problem ? thanks ,Gerry wilson

11. avatargerry wilson says:

this is a rossi 45 colt lever action rifle

12. avatarBruce says:

For many years I had a Marlin 336C in 35 Rem. – Great rifle. It dissapeared a few years ago… I found out the story of where it went after my dad passed away last year. In the end I replaced the 336C with a R92 in 357 mag. Never scoped either and although the Marlin had more power I had never taken a shot over 75 or 80 yards – the 357 mag. with a 16″ barrel has proven to be quite effective.