The Cowboy Assault Rifle done right, by Wild West Guns

Call me a traditionalist, but I don’t think Cowboy Tactical gets any cooler than this Marlin .44 Magnum by Wild West Guns. If you want it, you’d better call them soon, though. Just like real estate, Marlin isn’t making them any more.

comments

1. avatar Mark says:

Is that a park finish and synthetic stock, or did they paint the stock?
    If its synthetic do they offer the original wood to go with it?

Love my 336 30-30

2. avatar Steve says:

It needs a railed fore-arm, forward grip (Magpul AFG?), co-witness sights, adjustable butt-stock (a-la ATI Akita butt-stock) and a custom side-saddle to hold extra ammo.

Oh, and it needs to be in .45 Colt to be a true “Cowboy” assault rifle.

And I will take mine in Flat Dark Earth please.

1. avatar Chaz says:

In 454 Casull while we’re at it. Half again the energy of a 44 Magnum.

3. avatar Patrick says:

You know what you don’t want when TTAG blogs about one of your guns? A placeholder website that does not have content.

1. avatar har har says:

Yeah, it is so much better when TTAG can copy a whole blog post instead of just linking.

4. avatar O.N. says:

It’s too tasteful to be tactical.

5. avatar Mr. Lion says:

Yes, that. Exactly. No stupid rails or bastard-child-of-AR stocks.

I’d buy one.

6. avatar Matt Gregg says:

Ahhh, looking at that makes me feel better after that eye raping experience that Mossberg dished out.

This one looks great.

7. avatar Hoth says:

Pretty sweet, but I’d be more impressed if they had also removed that stupid lawyer mandated safety.

8. avatar bontai Joe says:

Looks like the kind of gun I’d be willing to throw behind the seat of my truck and leave it there. I mean I wouldn’t really care if it got scratched up, because it’s a working gun, meant for rough environments. Which is me trying to say as politely as I can that it sure ain’t pretty, like my other lever guns, but I’d take it if that was all I could have.

9. avatar JW says:

How much $ ?

10. avatar gerry wilson says:

after buying a rossi off line I was not a happy camper. every thing from the outside looked great , but when it was loaded I found a feed problem. I made sure all bullet and cases for problem but everthing measures out. I can get the bullet to go into the chamber but it takes a lot of pressure and time . can you help me with this problem ? thanks ,Gerry wilson

11. avatar gerry wilson says:

this is a rossi 45 colt lever action rifle

12. avatar Bruce says:

For many years I had a Marlin 336C in 35 Rem. – Great rifle. It dissapeared a few years ago… I found out the story of where it went after my dad passed away last year. In the end I replaced the 336C with a R92 in 357 mag. Never scoped either and although the Marlin had more power I had never taken a shot over 75 or 80 yards – the 357 mag. with a 16″ barrel has proven to be quite effective.

13. avatar drjim says:

I’ve got a Marlin 1894 in 357 mag,

Great gun, and accurate, too.

I can ring the steel all day long at 100 yds with the open sights it came with.

14. avatar wtf ttag says:

Worthless spam article

15. avatar Jim Pickens says:

So where’s the large capacity detatchable magazine, muzzle flash, rails for scopes and lights and 44magnum is not a tactical round nope not tactical but would make a great truck or bear/ pig rifle and Marlin does make a good rifle.