New from Frost Cutlery: Ceramic-Bladed Pocketknives

While slipping your Nine into your Crossbreed SuperTuck in the morning do NOT clip this baby to your pocket. While ceramic knives will take a mean edge, they can be as brittle as Bea Arthur’s hips. I know from firsthand experience that ceramics are special knives for special purposes (read: no twisting, prying or chopping) but getting your hands on one of the world’s sharpest blades for less than $30? Shut up! Frost Cutlery’s affordably-priced pocket folders feature steel frames, composite grips, and liner-locking blades made from wickedly-hard Zirconium Oxide ceramics.

comments

1. avatar Joe nobody says:

Again I appreciate the knife posts. That is an awesome blade! I am not the type of person to pry or chop with there knives, I might have to pick one up

2. avatar matt says:

Would be more tacticool if it didnt have any metal so I could take it places I shouldnt. Oh well, guess i’m stuck with my obsidian knife.

1. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

Yeah, that’s what it’s all about, beating the metal detectors. Is it any wonder I see a big overlap between you guys and the criminals who love the same guns and knives that you do?

1. avatar Matt Gregg says:

Oh relax, ceramic and obsidian blades will be detected by all but the oldest of detectors.

1. avatar matt says:

Im not sure who is less informed, you or MikeB. Obsidian is volcanic glass, has a wood handle, and is bound with sinew. Or is my sarcasm detector on the fritz?

2. avatar Ben Eli says:

We did a comprehensive check of you sarcasm detector and all systems are go. Snark away.

2. avatar matt says:

MikeB, please google around for the meaning of “tacticool” and the context it is generally used in.

1. avatar Moonshine7102 says:

MikeB? Do research? Bravo, matt. My face hurts from laughing so much.

3. avatar "Dr."Dave says:

Mike, Criminals have neither the class nor the money to own the high quality of small arms enjoyed by us all here.

1. avatar Matt G. says:

Also. Most if not all ceramic knives have enough metal suspended in the ceramic to set off metal detectors. On purpose.

3. avatar Ben Eli says:

Pshhh. Ceramic knives should be left in the kitchen. I once had to pry open wooden wine case of fancy shmancy wine at work using a Kershaw folder. A lesser folder would have snapped and a ceramic would have shattered. Most of the everyday uses for a knife are small enough that a ceramic would do, but every once in a while I need a crowbar, hammer, or a saw and all I have is a knife. Steel all the way.

4. avatar "Dr."Dave says:

Good luck getting an edge back on that knifes blade when it chips.

5. avatar Aaron says:

I have an Ian Sinclair Card Sharp 2 – elegant folding ceramic knife… amazing sharp blade and I barely notice that it’s in my wallet.

1. avatar Chris Dumm says: