Coming to a TTAG writer near you: Accuracy International AX-308. We hope. Still.

Promising sub-MOA accuracy and boasting at least eight feet of Picatinny rail (imagine the possibilities…) the Accuracy International AX-308 is the successor platform to their legendary Arctic Warfare series of precision tactical rifles. Long, heavy barrel? Check. Folding stock? Check. Astronomical price tag? Check.

We’ve been angling for a test model since last spring, and a quick confab with rep Todd Siegmund confirmed that we’re still inching our way up the waiting list. We’ve got no idea how it shoots, yet, but it looks so much like an Imperial Stormtrooper sniper rifle that I hope they’ve already paid off George Lucas.

See what I mean?

comments

1. avatar Ryan Finn says:

Let’s hope it’s more accurate than your standard issue Imperial weaponry.

1. avatar Chris Dumm says:

LMFAO

2. avatar NR says:

Surely it’s not as clumsy or random as a blaster. Hopefully it’s an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

2. avatar Rabbi says:

AI makes some of the most accurate and most durable bolt guns on the market. Enjoy!

3. avatar matt says:

Surprised for something so expensive, why do they have a Harris bipod on there.

1. avatar Patrick Carrube says:

I’ve used Harris bipods during everything from turkey hunting in dense forest to javelina hunting from canyon tops… I have yet to have a single problem with any of them (I have 4, including the one I just picked up for the Remington XCR TLR in our Gun Review section). I switch mine from rifle to rifle (or shotgun/sluggun) and can vouch for their quality.

On the other hand, I have a couple of Versapods that work just as well and are a bit “beefier”, although up to this point the extra weight is simply extra weight (as I haven’t broken a Harris yet).

1. avatar matt says:

Not saying the Harris is crap, but for something so expensive, I was thinking more of something like an ATLAS, which is plenty light.

4. avatar Robert says:

Look at those rails. You even could mount a scope on both the top and the bottom. Think of how useful that would be!

5. avatar Patrick Carrube says:

Feel free to mark me down as the “TTAG Writer” 🙂

6. avatar Joe Grine says:

Its almost as kool as my Blaser LRS-2!

7. avatar NR says:

It’s… it’s beautiful!

8. ‘s not a long barrel: It’s a sensible 20″ & much over 22″ is begging for bigger brass than that of the .308/7.62×51 cartridge.
    I’m wondering who exactly is the target market for this, as UKLF have fielded the .308 LMT as their DMR.
    I’ll guess it’s aimed at the US LEO & civilian sector.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

The target market is ME. It’s just… so… beautiful…

I’d hang it on the living room wall when I wasn’t using it.