Question of the Day: What’s Your Favorite Gun Stuff?

I’m a minimalist. I don’t own a lot of stuff. What I do own I choose carefully. If it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do or if I find something that does it better, the product’s history. The same principle holds true for guns as for gun accessories. I’ve sold virtually new firearms at a radical discount because of a flaw that remained undiscovered until after I purchased the weapon. I’ve received new holsters and consigned them to the bin the same day. That hurts, but clutter hurts worse. In this I’m not alone. Many firearms enthusiasts are “married” to specific guns and gun-related products, and remain so for life. (If celebrities were as loyal, E! wouldn’t exist.) I heart my Glock 30SF and Armory Rack. You?

comments

1. avatar DrewR55 says:

I’ve mentioned it before but I drank the Beretta Kool-Aid about ten years ago and I still haven’t come back from that trip. I bought a police trade-in 92fs and shot it until it wouldn’t shoot anymore and I’ve loved their feel since. I now own two other 92fs pistols (one full size and one Compact L), and a Cougar 8045f.

I like other brands but if I was given a choice between a Beretta and another pistol someone would have to justify why the other brand was better then Betty.

2. avatar ExurbanKevin says:

If it has “Česká zbrojovka a.s. Uherský Brod” stamped on it, I’ll probably like it.
    Mossberg shotguns.
    Crossbreed Holsters.
    Dillon reloaders.
    CCI .22LR ammo.

And that’s about it. Maybe Magpul AR mags as well.

3. avatar Chas says:

I “heart” pretty much all of the stuff I have acquired, but especially:

M&P9c
    M&P45c
    S&W 442
    Desantis Apache ankle rigs for backup
    Remora Holster for 9c
    K&D Thunderbird Holster for 45c
    Speed strips
    Wilderness Tactical Safepacker

4. avatar 4strokes says:

Anything lever action – Winchester, Marlin, Rossi, Browning, Henry… I am John Wayne!!
    CorrosionX – may not be the perfect cleaner, but I store my guns in the basement and have not seen a hint of oxidation in the 3 years I have been using it.
    Silicone gun socks.
    Wheeler screw drivers and bits.
    +1 on Chas and Remora Holsters.
    +1 on ExurbanKevin and Crossbreed Holsters.

5. avatar Dogman says:

If Glock or SIG makes it and it’s 9mm or .45 ACP, I’ll probably like it (with a few exceptions). If it’s a S&W .38 Special J-frame, I’ll probably like it (especially if it has internal or shrouded hammers). Occasionally I find something I shouldn’t like at all but do. Such as the Ruger P345. A few others.

I’m not devoted to any particular brand of gun. I might love my Glocks, SIGs and J-frames but I’ll hop in the sack with anything I find attractive. At least one time.

I own more than I need but not as many as I want.

6. avatar Tyler Kee says:

Hoppes #9
    Anything made by Leupold
    Armalite’s entire portfolio
    Black Hills ammo

7. avatar Joe nobody says:

1911. Someone had to pick it so I guess it will be me. Also I love quality gun leather, be it holsters belts or mag pouches.

8. avatar ST says:

If it says “Taurus Intl. Mfg Miami Fla.” on the slide and can be carried condition 1, said firearm will have a home in ST’s collection.

1. avatar reaganmarine84 says:

I’m with you totally. Taurus all day. That’s not to say that other brands are crappy, Taurus is just my choice.

9. avatar Jay W. says:

– Marlin Lever Action (not the current stuff)
    – Smith & Wesson – Handguns & M&P Rifle
    – Ruger LC9
    – Maglula Speed Loaders
    – MagPul Magazines & BUS
    – Remora Holster
    – DeSantis Leather Holster
    – Stack-On Gun Storage
    – Hoppes Gun Cleaning Stuff – especially #9

To name some of my favorite gun stuff

1. avatar Chuck says:

+1 on the Maglula (those single stack Sig mags are tough to get the last two rounds in for an old fart like me).

10. avatar Tyler Kee says:

I totally forgot to mention boresnakes. I love boresnakes.

1. avatar LC Judas says:

Why do I not own handgun boresnakes? I have no idea…I have them for the shotgun and rifle but not the handguns. Need more accessories!

1. avatar Tyler Kee says:

Leupold riflescopes
    C-More red-dots
    Boresnakes and Hoppe’s #9
    Hornady presses and bullets
    And anything manufactured before May 19, 1986 😉

12. avatar LC Judas says:

At the end of the day its a Glock or Springfield on the hip and a SIG or Kahr in my pocket. I follow those brands best though I own a few others for special purposes.

Gun accessories I admit I am a fiend and own more than I should. I freely caliber swap, hence owning a G23 and G32 as well as SIG 226 that all have .40 and .357 SIG barrels and both Glocks have 9mm conversion tubes too. I’ve lost track of how many mags are floating around the house and more than one box of ammo has decided to liberate its contents on the floor so its a gun nuts room without a doubt. If I could stop buying so many accessories I could double the essential armory but…what fun is the tool set without all the extras?

13. avatar Drew says:

Fulton Armory (The best M14 ,M1 carbine ,Garands and AR’s out there)
    Ambi safeties
    .264 caliber rifles
    .356/.357 caliber handguns
    Blundstone boots
    M.O.D. knives
    GG&G quick release mounts and risers
    Giessele triggers
    Front focal riflescopes
    Mini’s and 10-22’s

14. avatar pcrh says:

S&W model 586 (Is “love” too strong a word? No. No it isn’t.)
    Boresnakes (already mentioned, but deserving of multiple votes IMO)
    Break Free CLP

15. avatar Bob H says:

loaded rounds. lots and lots of loaded rounds.

16. avatar copsoldier says:

True Bob! Loaded rounds! I could swim in them like a pirate in a cave full of loot. I also love my Colt Series 80, S&W 342, S&W M&P 15, Remington 1100…..

17. avatar LeftShooter says:

S&W Performance Center revolvers
    Savage rifles with Accu-Triggers
    Ruger cowboy guns
    Ballistol (even though it has the bouquet of decaying flesh!)

Anything made by Smith & Wesson. Anything. Almost.

19. avatar Chris says:

Anyone else have the 4-gun armory rack in a gun safe? Which safes are best bets to use with this or the 8-gun version?

20. avatar Ben Eli says:

I love the smell of solvent and lubricant. Just smells good.

21. avatar Fred says:

Easy call –
    Rem 870- the black beauty –
    Newb friendly, been hauled some dirty places,
    racked hard, put up hot and wet, keeps on bangin’, and best of all,

she goes three ways if you dont mind swapping:
    18.5″ inch for home de, to wingmaster barrel for turkey, and
    rifled barrel with scope for deer and pig.

22. avatar Wade says:

Hoppe’s #9, gun leather, and rifles. Not just any rifles, but graceful ones.

23. avatar Matt Gregg says:

Looks like you’re missing a P64 from that rack.