Obscure Object of Desire: The Rabbi’s Rifle. Well, One of Them

The rabbi spies with his little eye through a Schmidt and Bender 5-25×56 Police Marksman Scope sitting atop a Custom 300 Winchester Magnum built by GA Precision featuring Accuracy International’s XS Chassis, Surgeon action and Bartlein Barrel. In case you were wondering.

comments

I would like the rabbi to use that awesome rifle to blow the living sh!t out of the “you’re posting too fast” message. I’ll pay for the ammo.

2. avatar Drew says:

I have alot of guns, but I don’t have one rifle that cost as much as that scope ($3200 bucks! F me!) cost alone…

3. avatar Joe nobody says:

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is not a real emergency.,if this was a real emergency, information would be on the crawler at the bottom of your screen. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. By the way that rifle is amazing.

4. avatar Brett Solomon says:

That is nice…all at once Rabbi or a slow build-up?

5. avatar Matt in AZ says:

That is a well built rifle and a piece of highly functional art. Can we have a full write-up with more pictures, please, pretty please?

1. avatar moi says:

Yes, I highly second that. An article on that rig+ glass would be great. I could only dream. “Sigh” off to buy another lottery ticket” lol

1. avatar Rabbi says:

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I am doing an article on it for one of the Guns and Ammo combat magazines. Unfortunately, I am disallowed from posting it anywhere else.

I do have an article you can read on a .308 that GA Precision built for me as well. Look for “Build a Super Tac” on my site: http://armedresponsetraining.com/magazine_articles.html

1. avatar Matt in AZ says:

We understand and thanks for the link.

6. avatar Will says:

If your going to spend over 10k on a rifle system why the hell chamber in 300WinMag? LAME.

.338 Lapua Magnum would be much better suited to a work of art like this.

1. avatar Patrick Carrube says:

Not so – it depends on what Rabbi does with the rifle. What does .338 ammo cost now, $6 per shot or so? Even reloads are in the $3-4 range and only if you can find brass. The .300 Win Mag is affordable (relatively), has great long-range effectiveness and ballistics, and brass is easy to come by (I assume Rabbi reloads). Of the 3 guys I know with .338 Lapua’s, all 3 of them have identical (or very similar) guns in a smaller chambering (2x 300WM and 1x .308). The Lapua is certainly an awesome round, but I doubt any of the Rabbi’s targets are hiding behind oak trees! 🙂

1. avatar Rabbi says:

Exactly! Thanks Patrick.

If I want to go through trees, I will pull out the 50.