HR822 National Right to Carry Being Debated in House RIGHT NOW

The National Right to Carry Act is being debated in the House of Representatives RIGHT NOW! Click here to watch live. Following the live debate the bill will be put to a vote, and if yesterday’s vote to move the bill to the agenda is any indication it should pass the House with no problem. In theory, anyway. Grab your popcorn, this should be interesting. [UPDATE: C-SPAN has a better stream, watch it there. ]

comments

1. avatar Raph84 says:

I watched it on and off yesterday. The link you provided however does not play well with my computer…so here is a link to cspan also covering it live for those that can’t see the house website

2. avatar KYgunner says:

+100000000 to the representative from Ohio who pulled out his own CCW and cosponsored the bill.

Also to the gentleman who said “the representative from Michigan is right in saying that driving a car and a CCW are not equivalent. Driving a car is not a protected individual right under the constitution, we don’t usually use cars to defend ourselves and our families, and cars kill many more people than guns.”

3. avatar SteveB says:

This is pretty awesome to watch.

4. avatar J in MS says:

Are Conyers and Hank Johnson drunk?

1. avatar DaveM says:

Last year Johnson asked in a committee meeting if Guam would tip over due to military build up.
      He’s way past drunk.

5. avatar Anon says:

Moran is a moron. I’m liking what Ross is saying now.

6. avatar MaxA says:

Apparently those with a CHL can outgun the police force, at least according to New Jersey.

1. avatar Anon says:

Unfortunately that’s how most of our State govt is here. I can’t wait to move before my birthday so I can carry.

7. avatar SteveB says:

I would consider myself to not have any party affiliation, but the people speaking out in favor of this bill are wiping the floor with those opposed. Those for the bill are, in general, eloquently defending it and taking a fact-based approach; those against are pretty much seem to just ramble.

8. avatar Rob in Cali says:

McCarthy is seriously flawed in her logic. Her facts are completely wrong…

1. avatar garynyer says:

i apologize for her, shes kind of a moron…..

1. avatar JT says:

I live in Texas, I’d have to apologize to the entire country on behalf of Perry..

2. avatar Raph84 says:

+1…gotta love the “shoulder thing that goes up” lady

1. avatar garynyer says:

like i said her brain doesn’t function to well

2. avatar MaxA says:

Cars are one of the most highly regulated and safest… wait.. what?

9. avatar DrewR55 says:

I’m at work so I can’t stream the broadcast. Where are we in the process?

1. avatar Nick Leghorn says:

They’re discussing amendments. There are about 9, with 5 minutes for each side of each amendment. After that they move to voting.

10. avatar garynyer says:

I mean technically the constitution is all we need but since some people like to ignore that……
    Wish i could move to Vermont, but Florida will be just as good

11. avatar Smok3 says:

A Rep from Florida ,Alcee Hastings,D Florida 23rd District, is currently discussing an amendment requiring anyone who wants a CCW to apply for one at a Law Enforcement office. A state which enforces HR 822 would need to generate applications that need to be processed at the local law enforcement station.He is currently discussing how non-residents of Florida can apply for CCW permits via mail and is discussing gun violence being an ‘Epidemic’ as quoted by a surgeon general.

Another representative is adding a statement about Utah’s CCW permits being 70% from out of state residents.

1. avatar Chris says:

What the rep didn’t mention is that Utah is getting rid of non-resident permits (if they haven’t already).

Even so, if I watched the stream correctly, the amendment made it in. Doesn’t that kind of f*ck the bill? Because I know my state doesn’t require local LEO interaction :/

1. avatar Nico says:

Mine does, had to visit the county fuzz for my CCW, CPL here. Michigan wouldn’t notice a difference unless I missed something.

1. avatar Chris says:

Texas handles all application work centrally at DPS’s HQ in Austin. If Hastings had said resident permits, Texas would have been okay. The way that amendment’s written, though, technically nobody in Texas would be able to enjoy the benefits of this bill since nobody interacts with local LEO. That’s a problem.

12. avatar JT says:

Concealed handguns = DEAD CHILDREN.

How don’t you SEEEEEE!?!? Flawless logic at work!!

……..

13. avatar Rob in Cali says:

Jackson Lee is pulling the “it’s for the children” card.

14. avatar garynyer says:

Ms. Lee isn’t making sense…. you have to register most handguns when you get your ccl right? im assuming shes basically lying through her teeth

1. avatar JT says:

I think Mr. Gowdy just pushed her off a cliff.

15. avatar garynyer says:

what the hell did he just say 85 people were killed in a mass shooting? when did that happen

1. avatar ScottA says:

Probably talking about the Anders Breivik shooting. You know, the one in Norway… Politicians are shameless.

16. avatar Smok3 says:

I move that the phrase “common sense law/amendment/policy” be banned from the chambers of government at once.

1. avatar garynyer says:

I second the motion.

17. avatar Smok3 says:

News Flash Rep. Cohen, you cannot have a CCW permit in South Dakota unless you are over 21, for lack of a pistol to carry.

Edit-Constiuents of Trey Gowdy, you choose well. We nationally thank you.

18. avatar garynyer says:

its like anti gunners cant tell the difference between criminals and law abiding citizens

19. avatar Rob in Cali says:

MAIG just into got into this whole argument… Face palm…

20. avatar Chris says:

So. Between Trey Gowdy and Sheriff Chuck Wright, Spartanburg County seems like a pretty freakin’ awesome place to live.

21. avatar Todd says:

all hostile amendments defeated ! ! !

now onto their last ditch atempt to derail the ass whipping by a motion to recomit