Gear Preview: the N8² Tactical Pro IWB Holster

For conceal carry types, the search for the perfect holster is akin to the search for the Holy Grail. Only not as funny as the Monty Python version. Expensive too. (Although, if you’ve priced a brace of tickets to the Broadway show, we’re probably talking about a similar amount of money when it comes to many holsters.) As I’ve recounted here, I’ve found my movin’ buddy – an N8² Tactical IWB holster. It’s the most comfortable rig I’ve ever used. But with its one-size-fits-most elastic retention method, I found that it could take a little extra work to reholster my Kimber. The solution? The N8² Tactical Pro model. We’ve contacted the two Nates and asked them for one to review. More details soon – soon as we get ’em.

comments

1. avatar JTB says:

Need more details now, not soon!!! Looks great though.

2. avatar LC Judas says:

The cushion is the selling point for me. I’ve never, ever liked the idea of tucking a hard polymer rig into my pants in addition to the heavy weapon. Those things have corners you know. Hence me avoiding Fobus like the plague. However, I dislike the open top nylon holster (pouch basically) that I use by Uncle Mike but that style is the only one with any comfort as leather doesn’t offer anything extra but a retention strap, which I have a distinct allergy to for conceal carry.

Definitely details are in order.

3. avatar Van says:

No Ruger LC9 size. Bummer.

1. avatar Brad Kozak says:

Write ’em. They are actively soliciting comments for what should be the next gun for which they’ll offer one of the ‘pro’ holsters.

2. avatar Nemesis says:

They have a LC9 in the Original design, not the Professional. I just ordered one for my father. I ordered a Professional for a M&P minutes after seeing this article. Let me just put it this way, it has just replaced all of my IWB holsters I know own. I got it within 3 days of ordering and it is the absolute most comfortable IWB holster I have ever worn. Edit: It replaced my Cross Breed Super Tuck Delux, Comp Tac IWB with belt loops. I will still keep my Desantis Pocket Holster for my LCP and Blackhawk Serpa for OWB for hunting trips where OWB isnt a “public panic” situation…

4. avatar Blake says:

The single spring loaded belt clip just doesn’t get the job done. If the holster fits the gun snugly, you’ll wind up trying to aim your pistol with holster still attached.

My holster has two leather straps that snap around the belt to make sure I get only the 1911 when I pull out the weapon.

Plan on spending the money for a decent IWB holster. You’ll be glad you did.

Now for my usual ttgunleather.com shill.

1. avatar Brad Kozak says:

Blake – I would have agreed with you, right up until I tried their original recipe model. I never thought a single clip would retain the holster while drawing. It does, and does it every time. Part of it, I think, is the ‘tooth’ of the suede lining. You should give one a try. And it’s one HELL of a lot easier to put on/take off than any other IWB holster I’ve tried.

5. avatar "lee n. field" says:

Looks like how Fobus or Uncle Mike’s would make a hybrid holster.

6. avatar racer88 says:

Just ordered one… out of curiosity. I’ve been using a Crossbreed ST for nearly 2 years now. On most days I don’t know it’s there. But, some days.. not so much. For $70, I’ll take the gamble and try something different. If it’s a no-go, I’m good with my CBST.

1. avatar Brad Kozak says:

I went from my Crossbreed SuperTuck (which I’d found to be the best of the best) to trying the original model of the Nate’s handiwork. Frankly, at the NRA show, I was unimpressed. I thought it would join my “Island of Misfit Holsters” collection. You coulda knocked me over with a feather, when I discovered how comfortable it was, easy to put on/take off, and how well it worked. I’ll be surprised if you don’t have the same experience.

7. avatar Nemesis says:

I have Cross Breeds of several flavors and could never speak highly enough of them. Like the other gentleman said, some days you don’t know its there, others not so much. The smaller “footprint” if you will, of the N82 helps alot. I was skeptical of the single clip on the holster but you will be standing there in your skivvies if you try to forcefully rip the clip off, at least on the Professional model. Your mileage may vary.

8. I wonder about the practicality of a single belt clip. I started w/ a Crossbreed ST, then went to a Galco KingTuk (much more comfortable), but now using a Galco Summer Comfort, which is the most comfortable of all.

9. avatar Paul says:

I have used a high-noon holster for many years with a single belt click without any troubles drawing so I don’t believe this is an issue. My questions is can you get a good combat grip with this holster? The crossbreed has a combat cut to address this issue.

10. avatar Ervin says:

There is always the Dakota defender that was made by K&D holsters,
    Its a very comfortable iwb holster im making it now with the permission of the former owner of K&D holsters “Kevin Manely” hope i spelled that right.