Unloaded Guns Can Kill! Apparently.

A great number of left-leaning California pols would prefer Governor Jerry Brown to sign the three anti-gun rights bill on his desk One of them (AB 144) would end the practice of open carry—despite the fact that firearms carried openly by civilians in The Golden State have to be unloaded (condition four). Exhibit A: Sandy Sheedy is the District 2 Councilwoman for the City of Sacramento, whose motto is Urbs indomita: Indomitable City. So much for fighting city hall, then. [h/t to ]

comments

1. avatar Greg in Allston says:

I hate disparaging strangers looks (not really, but I’ll stick to it), and perhaps the lighting was a bit unflattering, but she looks like she just came away from the “Night of the Living Politician” party at Madame Tussaud’s in San Francisco. Another air-head, botox addict.

But to her defense, I’ll give her a mulligan on the unloaded gun thing. We all know that far too many people have been killled and maimed by “unloaded guns” that weren’t, you know, actually unloaded. In this case though, I don’t think that is really what she meant.

So, is Jerry going for a pocket veto? I haven’t seen any news flashes regarding the several gun bills currently sitting on his desk.

1. avatar HSR47 says:

“We all know that far too many people have been killled and maimed by “unloaded guns” that weren’t, you know, actually unloaded.”

There have also been plenty of people killed with guns that actually WERE unloaded. There’s a reason why soldiers are still trained in hand-to-hand combat with their rifles.

2. avatar Magoo says:

Councilwoman Sheedy could be a disciple of Jeff Cooper given her perfect grasp of Rule #1. Quoting from scripture: “All guns are always loaded.”

1. avatar Greg in Allston says:

Very good point, and well taken. However, if Councilwoman Sheedy had a good grasp of anything related to firearms, I’d be very surprised.

Jeff Cooper, hallowed be thy name. Can I get an AMEN from the congregation?

1. avatar Greg in Allston says:

Thank you, Brother!!

2. avatar Steffen says:

Jeff Cooper had a term for these types: hoplophobes.

My other thought on this topic had to do with the headline… (pistol whipping + bear caliber pistol = fatality?)

1. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

AMEN BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

maybe it is just she hasn’t gotten laid since the last Ice Age?

4. avatar GS650G says:

She needs a trip to the range, that would change her mind.

1. avatar RKflorida says:

Yeah where the buffalo roam.

1. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

Maybe we could get lucky and a herd of buffalo would trample this wack job.

I gotta agree — she’s one scary looking beyotch and a fitting tribute to the stupidity of the California electorate. See, Lincoln was wrong. You can fool all of the people all of the time, if the people are fools to begin with.

6. avatar Aharon says:

Somewhat off topic: Last night, in my town of Portland, two toddlers (ages 3 and 2) played with a loaded .380 semi-auto while the parents where in another room. The two year old got shot and is currently in the hospital in fair condition. I’m not a parent so I’m not sure if I’m being fair or objective when I’d like to see such irresponsible adults prosecuted. I guess it all depends on the specifics to each situation.

7. avatar Ordine Nuovo says:

Pistol bayonets, anyone? You know those impractical, un-holsterable, and just ugly things that bolt onto Glocks?

Maybe she referenced those hahaha. Or more likely she’s just a psychobitch. Nobody will jump her bones without ingesting near fatal quantities of liquor, that’s for sure.

8. avatar Tim says:

I am from Sac – but a different district. However, if you knew the areas that encompass her district – lots of violence and probably not the smartest of voters (based on the outcome of her election).

This city is pretty “progressive” and it doesn’t have many conservatives in elected office. (actually, not sure we have any – but I try to ignore the locals as much as I can).

The good news – our Sheriff is virtual “shall-issue” now, so no need to UOC any longer, for about $400, you too can carry legally (provided you meet all of the requirements).

1. avatar HSR47 says:

400 bucks? All you’d need to do here in PA is walk into your local sheriff’s office and hand over 20 bucks. Some even issue on the spot.

1. avatar Chuck says:

Hey, it is a lot better than before when you had to be a big contributor to the Sheriff’s campaign before you got a CCW.

I found an article that states that Kim Mack, who ran Obama’s local campaign in 2008, is running against Sandy Sheedy in the next primary.

Here’s the quote that had me spitting coffee: Mack said, “I’m running because sometimes you just need a fresh face.”

1. avatar Greg in Allston says:

No kidding! I guess a cadaver might just qualify in this particular case.

2. avatar Aharon says:

During the campaign, Kim Mack trained large groups of Obamacons how to spread the message of Obama. She told her glassy-eyed volunteers to avoid discussing policy and issues, and to focus on sharing stories about their own personal conversion experience to supporting Obama. It was all about building the cult of personality.

10. avatar joe says:

ET-we found your mom!!
    Wow-she looks deceased and still standing.

11. avatar JR says:

Holy shit I just got shot with mind bullets! Damn that Young Nastyman, arch-rival and nemesis of Wonderboy!