Rick Perry: Shooting Sniper Rifles is My Golf

Presidential candidate Rick Perry, however, doesn’t think much about personal space.

About Robert Farago

18 Responses to Rick Perry: Shooting Sniper Rifles is My Golf

1. avatarTexas Deputy says:

My governor.

I like this video except he makes an error calling the round “point 5-5-6″.

That is like scratching my fingernails on the blackboard when I see the media call a shotgun a .12 gauge (point 12 gauge) or any 7.62×39 an AK-47.

Despite his faux pas I can forgive and accept his minor .556 error because even moi has had some slips of the tongue, and sometimes my brain is not in gear when engaging mouth!

2. avatarfire_medic says:

Just watched the video, he definitely needs some more training on camera presence. As far as his faux pas, seems he was talking about the smallest diameter of a five shot group he has shot and not the caliber of the rifle.

3. avatargarynyer says:

Still leaning towards Ron Paul

4. avatarNicholas Dixon says:

Rick Perry prays for rain and receives fire.

5. avatarRickP says:

No problem with Perry on this. And no, he doesn’t make a mistake on saying the .556 as a caliber/round. He goes from talking about trying to shoot a one hole group, as the LaRue gun is capable, to saying his best group is a .556″. He’s not referring to a 5.56 round.

The problem I have with him is his in state tuition for illegals. He’s GTG on guns.

6. avatarOrdine Nuovo says:

Too bad he supports Mexico’s genetic invasion of the United States.

7. Meh, Slick Rick Perry may have a good 2nd Amendment past but there’s plenty of other reasons I’d probably never vote for him.

• avatarRickP says:

Compared to the others in the race, he’s not tooooooo bad but I’m open to others but he’s been my governor for quite a while. And he’s a bazillion times better than Ma’ Richards.

8. avatarJason says:

This happened on Rick Perry’s watch.

Import the 3rd world, get the 3rd world. Rick Perry just wants cheap labor for his wealthy friends. Although jobs went up in Texas, 4 out of 5 went to immigrants. (Half legal, half illegal.) Native workers ended up unemployed at the same rate as the rest of the nation.

This guy doesn’t care about Americans or American jobs. He and his friends are just “electing a new people” who will be more desperate, more docile, and easier to control. They’re taking Texas down the same road as California in becoming a banana republic with a tiny elite existing on the backs of a huge underclass, with no middle class to speak of.

Shooting is a middle class sport. Guns & ammo are not cheap, especially guns like LaRue makes. There’s a reason shooters tend to be better educated and have a higher income than average. Nobody else can afford it. While the poor may be able to scrape together enough for a small handgun for self defense, going to the range regularly requires disposable income. For construction workers in Texas, blacklisted because of the color of their skin, that lifestyle is already out of reach.

How many more will lose it if we let Perry run the country?

• avatarRickP says:

“Shooting is a middle class sport. Guns & ammo are not cheap, especially guns like LaRue makes. There’s a reason shooters tend to be better educated and have a higher income than average. Nobody else can afford it. While the poor may be able to scrape together enough for a small handgun for self defense, going to the range regularly requires disposable income. .”

If you believe that this is true, how is it any different in TX, due to Perry in your view, vs. the rest of the country, say NY or CA?

“For construction workers in Texas, blacklisted because of the color of their skin, that lifestyle is already out of reach.”

Huh? I had guys building my house that looked at me like I had a third eye when I asked them what was going on…..in English.

9. avatarJon says:

Where have y’all been? Those of us in Texas Politics posted on this back in September of 2010 when Perry was running for reelection for Governor. The man loves his guns, and is a damn good shot. Watch out!

More on the Governor and his love of the 2nd amendment and the Sept 2010 post of this video here,

10. avatarRalph says:

Okay, so Rick Perry loves guns. We all know what Bill Clinton loved, but that doesn’t mean that we got any.

11. avatarJim says:

@Texas Deputy: Check me if I’m wrong, but in the context of the video, I think he said his best five-shot group measured “point five five six” or .556″.

Right after he joked about the “hole in one.”

12. avatarJarvis says:

One reason not to buy a LaRue gun. They support crazy.