Chiappa Firearms Rhino Now in 9mm and 40 S&W

Whatever else you can say about the Chiappa Rhino, that man Norton knows how to shoot.

About Robert Farago

20 Responses to Chiappa Firearms Rhino Now in 9mm and 40 S&W

1. avatarJohn says:

Now how about out a .45 ACP and/or 10mm. Oh, and make it pretty…
    (never satisfied)

• avatar2Wheeled says:

I’d consider a 2 or 3 inch model in .45ACP, that’s it.

They’ll never sell me on anything else.

• avatarWayne De Cicco says:

actually I like a 45 acp with a 4″ barrel and I have the 38/357 with a 4″ barrel AND I like it just fine….

2. avatarTravis Leibold says:

Want it. Bad.

3. avatarTodd S says:

That is one butt-ugly firearm, but it is well made and fun to shoot. I got a chance to try the 2″ .357 mag and I loved it. The “push” rather than “kick” was cool and made recoil extremely manageable. I’ll be getting a 4 or 5 inch model at some point soon.

• avatarWayne De Cicco says:

I got a 4 inch 38 357 like just fine. Now I want one in 45 ACP but I’ll take the 40 ACP but how much $…. WAYNE

4. avatarJoe Grine says:

Butt ugly aside, the Rhino makes all conventional revolvers obsolete. It’s that good.

• avatarTotenglocke says:

Only the 2″ model is ugly. Once you get up to the 4, 5, and especially 6″ models they look pretty badass.

5. avatarGnD says:

kinda want

6. avatarSteven says:

Almost interesting, but lots of nagging questions remain, including:
    Why isn’t the 40 S&W chambered for 10mm/40cal?
    Why is the trigger a quad/triple action trainwreck?
    Why so many parts? http://chiappafirearms.com/sites/default/files/manuals/Exploded_view_RHINO_4.pdf
    Why is reliability questionable? http://gunnuts.net/2011/08/15/rental-gun-stress-test-chiappa-rhino-follow-up
    How can I justify one of these with the wife?

• avatarPCnotPC says:

Re: Why so many parts: If they would have made the gun double-action only, and not had to have devised some arcane method of providing a “hammer spur” for cocking purposes, they could have probably left out a bunch of parts.

7. avatarDerek says:

Why? Why couldn’t they’ve just made that .40 a 10 and let you shoot both? /sigh

8. avatarTotenglocke says:

Did you ever get that Rhino back after the repair work on the stage 1 trigger?

9. avatarlee n. field says:

I’m guessing these shooters are autoloader guys? The first guy looks to be holding his index finger forwards towards the cylinder gap, where Chiappa specifically says not to. The second guy — it’s a revolver, no need for the 2 thumbs forward grip.

Want — “kind of”.

10. avatarStefano says:

Italians do it better.. Revolver also!
    Improved Rhino 2″ with Federal 159gn .357Mag. Commercial Full Charge… Less than 38spl. in 4″ Normal revolver but .. what a Bang!! And fantastic control of the gun, i’ve never shot with Revo but Rhino is very simple!!
    Hello everibody from Italy!
    Stefano

11. avatarTotenglocke says:

I’m guessing that you’ll probably read this, but Rob, how in the heck do you get ahold of this company? I have one of their guns that I’d like to send back for some warranty work and all they have for “contact us” is a web form to send an email….which apparently they never respond to (it’s been around 3 weeks and no response).

12. avatarDeja vu says:

They should make one in 500 magnum! Any thing that will help tame the recoil would be great!

13. avatarbob says:

Any recent reviews or updates on these? Have they sorted out the reliability and trigger issues in the 4″ models?

Would love one of these but weary after reading Grant Cunningham’s blog and in-depth review. Wondering if Chiappa made any improvements since then.

Thanks!