TTAG at AAC for Factory Tour, Range Trip

Advanced Armament Corp. makes silencers (suppressors), assorted gun parts, and the .300 AAC Blackout round that claims to make all your suppressed .30 cal dreams come true. From what I’ve heard their workshop is like Willie Wonka’s chocolate factory for gun nerds, a magical place where all your NFA dreams come to life and complete with Death Star theme. They’re flying me down next weekend to experience it in all it’s glory as well as play with, and I quote, “the largest machine gun collection on the east coast.” And I want you, our readers, to come along with me . . .

Well, not LITERALLY. I don’t think they make a plane that big. What I mean is that I’ll be posting everything I see and do, from conversations with AAC’s founder to video showing just how quiet their suppressors really are. You’ll get a glance at where the magic happens, as well as what the end result looks like.

What do you want to know about AAC? What questions should I ask on your behalf? Which boxes should I attempt to stuff under my shirt as I am escorted off the premises for being too inquisitive? Ask and ye shall receive.

comments

1. avatar Bub says:

congrads

2. avatar Young Gunner says:

I am soooo jealous! Pick up some tactical argyle sweaters from Mers for me!

3. avatar Pale Horse says:

What do you want to know about AAC? What questions should I ask on your behalf?

Why………….. thank you for asking, I would love to know when they will be coming out with 10.5 through to 16″ barrels in 300AAC BLK for the Bushmaster ACR?

4. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

I’d give my left nut for a functioning model of the old “HushPuppy” silenced S&W 9mm, or a reasonable replacement! Oh, wait a minute-I already gave up my left one in the service-where’s my consolation prize? (Strong Hint-hint!) HA!

5. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

Foghorn, Brother! I sure would go for an H&K MP5 PDW with a silencer! I have er, a huge rat problem. Yeah, rat problem, that’s the ticket. Now you know by my reputation that I am perfectly trustworthy of having a silenced full automatic weapon!

6. avatar revjen45 says:

Does TTAG have any openings? I have 2 degrees in Gunsmithing, and although I now make my living as a Manufacturing Engineer for an American manufacturer of airliners of revolutionary advancement (bet ya can’t guess who that is), I didn’t forget 3 years worth of immersion in gun technology.

7. avatar Funk Eisenhower says: