Stealth Vision Hats: Blink and You Miss It. Some of You People Just About Missed It

“A deer can detect a perfectly camouflaged hunter simply by his eye movement,” stealthvisionhats.com informs. That’s f’ed up.

comments

1. avatar Daniel Zimmerman says:

Uh huh. And the act of tilting your head down to look through the mesh, and then back up to shoot is less obvious to Bambi than blinking? Good luck with that, Mr. Scott.

1. avatar Magoo says:

Exactly. The basic premise is mistaken. In daylight, deer can’t see quite as well as humans can. They are also red-green colorblind.

2. avatar A. Lee says:

Just wear a camo face mask.

2. avatar Brad Kozak says:

I’d love to see this guy as a contestant on Shark Tank. Can’t you just see the deer-in-the-headlights looks of the Vulture Capitalist panelists when this guy walks in?

My first question would be, so the mesh visor. Isn’t the purpose of the visor to keep the sun out of your eyes? How’s that work when you can see through it?

FAIL.

3. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

How about an urban version? Then I can really look like the guy who sits at the bus stop, talking to himself and collecting odors.

4. avatar Jake says:

Wear sunglasses. I use a visor to block my face. I’ve seen plenty of ducks flare because they see a face or the back of your hands. Waterfowlers might eat this up. Mostly because it’s one more thing they can buy. 😀

5. avatar poppymann says:

I wear a deer head with mesh eyes. It’s starting to smell though.

1. avatar Leo Atrox says:

LOL … Cubs fans.

6. avatar Brad Kozak says:

You know what they say about fishing lures – that they’re designed to catch fishermen. Same thing here.

Dear Mr. Scott,

When I go deer hunting, I wear my hat to the side like Lil Wayne and my buddies are too embarrassed to hunt with me. If I wear a cool Stealth Vision hat, do you think my buds will be impressed? How about the deer?

Your friend,

Ralph

P.S.: I’ll trade you a TTAG hat for one of yours. There’s no mesh on the bill, but you can look through the little sweat holes if you don’t want to scare the deer.