What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Camouflaged Safe Edition

9g Products claims to produce the world’s only second generation biometric software-enabled safe. A Testing and Evaluation model is UPSing its way to TTAG HQ as I type. Owner Ken Stacy says his finger swipe box is fast (a quarter second delay if you use batteries) and completely reliable. God I hope so. After screwing-up the combo to my four-button Gun Vault desk unit twice in a row in a non-life threatening situation, I’d like a quick-access safe system that’s screw-up proof. Still, there’s something about this design that I don’t like. If only I could remember what it is . . .

comments

And why in the name of all that’s holy would anyone want a camo pistol safe?

1. avatar Magoo says:

Makes perfect sense if you are a Keebler elf and live in a hollow tree.

1. avatar Hunter S. says:

2. avatar Todd AFVet says:

I the home a safe looking like a book or a lamp would make more sense. This only work if you have fall camouflage wallpaper and matching curtains.

3. avatar Nicholas Dixon says:

With the camo, a burglar breaking in when no one is home can’t find it, thereby protecting your valuables.

4. avatar Zealot says:

You mean you guys don’t use a pile of twigs and leaves as a nightstand?

5. avatar RonH says:

Ugh, that’s hideous. That RealTree would completely clash with my MultiCam tactical drapes.

6. avatar Brett Solomon says:

I’ll put in a plug for one of my first TTAG product reviews. My LockSAF still works well… http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/04/brett-solomon/product-review-locksaf-biometric-handgun-safe/

7. avatar Danni says:

Would be much better if it looked like a giant dictionary, because really, who steals those?

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

A what?

1. avatar Bob H says:

RF, back in the olden days when I was a pup, there were these things called “books”. Books had words printed on paper instead of stored on your drives like the ones in your Kindle.
        One of the most important of these “books” was a wondrous tome called a “dictionary”. Inside the dictionary, printed on hardcopy, were all of the words in our language. Not only that, children, (why do I suddenly hear my words as Robin Williams playing Mrs. Doubtfire?) but this “dictionary” had the correct pronunciation and even examples of the words were used in sentences.
        Because these books had so many words in them and because they were hardcopy they were very large and thick. The largest ones, if hollowed out, would have been large enough to hold two of JMB’s classics as well as a couple of boxes of ammo.

8. avatar Therapist says:

People who live in the woods sans a cabin need gun safes too you know.

9. avatar Tedly says:

9g actually makes many different colors and designs for their INPRINT… This camo one is just one of the many… I think these designs add to the safe… If you don’t like the camo they have a marble, burlwood, ATAC and skulls to go along with the black one that is the top seller for them…. I have one of these in my house and it works great and never has any problems…