Just two more days until TTAG’s Get-Together at The American Firearms School, Attleboro, MA. [Click here for directions]. I’ve rented out the entire range from 8:30 – 10pm. I’m pleased to announce that a box-fresh Marlin 1894c (.357 lever gun) will make the scene. As will the Rabbi and our resident hard-ass JOE MATAFOME. We’ll also offer the following firearms for your dining and dancing pleasure free of charge (save the ammo):

Smith & Wesson Bone Collector (Thank you JOE)
Scoped Smith & Wesson 686
Smith & Wesson Model 75 Carry Comp
MPA Protector .380
NEW Ruger SR1911
Jim Clarkson Bowling Pin 1911
Colt 1903
Star-Spangled Springfield XD(m) 3.8 9mm (a.k.a. Liberty Gun)
Springfield XD(m) .45
FN SCAR
Benelli M2

About Robert Farago

7 Responses to Lever Fever Hits TTAG Thursday Get-Together (8:30 – 10pm American Firearms School)

1. avatarJOE MATAFOME says:

I’ve been wanting to meet the Rabbi, so this is really going to be fun. I’ll be bringing all three 500′s (4 inch snubnose, 8 3/8 with scope and the BONE COLLECTOR). Check out these two links and you can see Sam shooting the BONE COLLECTOR, and Adam shooting the snubnose with the 70o grain T-REX round. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8SSuFHiDmA&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceGpP5NY0kk&feature=related

2. avatarChris Dumm says:

Joe, how many *pounds* of lead do you throw downrange each week with your artillery collection? Watching the glass prism fly out of the holographic sight gives me only a hint of the hell that’s unleashed when you drop the hammer…

• avatarJOE MATAFOME says:

The 700 grain round is the most amazing handgun round I’ve ever seen, and it took us 30 min. to find the lens and that sight never worked again (the sight was cheap so it didn’t matter). I now have a nice Bushnell holo and it works fine. Adam is the only person to shoot the 700 grain T-REX from the snubbie. If you’re not into pain, don’t shoot the snubbie cuz it’s the nastiest handgun you’ll ever shoot. The BONE COLLECTOR weighs 82 oz. empty and is easy to shoot with all the grains (350, 385, 500, 600, 700), with the 700 grain being a little tougher. If you stand behind someone while their shooting, you can feel your body shake. If your not experienced with very powerful handguns you shouldn’t shoot the 500′s. I’ll also have my S&W 686-3 44 mag hunter which is really easy to shoot.

3. avatarVincit Veritas says:

OK…I’ve been resisting a commitment until now…I’m only 40 minutes away and I think I have to be there. I don’t have a weapon to offer but would be happy to help supply some ammo.

-Patrick

4. avatarJohn Fritz says:

Boy howdy, I would love to mess w/ that M2 a little bit.

5. avatarRalph says:

I’m gunless in New York for the nest week or so and you jokers are having a shootaround at AFS. Not just a shootaround, but a shootaround with my man JOE. You guys are killing me. Bastards! :-)