Guns for Flowers

JOHNSON CITY — A flowers for guns exchange will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the St. James Rectory parking lot at 155 Main St. All working handguns, shotguns and rifles in working condition will be traded for flowers. Ammunition will also be accepted.” This isn’t the stupidest gun control idea in the history of the world, ever. Oh wait. It is.

comments

1. avatar 2yellowdogs says:

I’m guessing there are a lot of Johnsons in that city.

1. avatar Magoo says:

or one big Johnson.

1. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

Johnson’s swelling inflation reflected the swinging population…

2. avatar Jack says:

Sounds like it could be a lucrative racket.

3. avatar Brad Kozak says:

If I were a clever head of a gang (given that gang members are pretty stupid, I grant you this is a reach, but stay with me), I’d get one of my more presentable guys to clean up, put him in a suit and use him to front some sort of organization that’s trying to reform the streets. I’d stage my own gun buy-back (maybe offer a “45 for 45s” promotion, and perhaps trade a six pack of Colt 45 Malt Liquor for a working gun). When I have all the guns, then I’d hand ’em out to my peeps and take over the whole town. Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! With all the guns, we’d be invincible! (Not even Vince could stop us!)

1. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

Come to the Dark Side young Jedi…

4. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

Sorry Brad but your idea wouln’t work because the only guns that are ever traded in don’t work, that’s why people go to these silly events. If someone has a real gun that is worth anything, they would just take it to their local gun shop.

1. avatar Brad Kozak says:

Illusions. You break ’em…you buy ’em. 😉

5. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

I’d buy ’em a few dozen red roses for one of those mint era M14’s! Hey, are those 2000 fps daisies I’ve been hearing about? With all the love of the military during the Vietnam War, local youths assist National Guard members in installing the new, covert Blank Firing Adapters… Face down loaded M14 rifles-what would YOU do for a Klondike Bar!?

1. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

“Mad is he who trusts the tameness of a wolf.” King Lear, William Shakespeare

6. avatar Leo Atrox says:

Stupid? It’s brilliant! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go out and buy some flowers.