SIG SAUER SIG716 Precision Marksman for $2199

Did you know that the prices of guns are set to rise? One of our friends in the industry gave us the heads-up the other day, confirmed with a few phone calls to his rivals. The escalating cost of fuel is leading gunmakers to add a shipping charge to their products, which gun dealers will no doubt pass on to their customers. At the moment, we’re talking about $40 max per piece. Which is still a big deal for low-margin manufacturers in a hugely competitive industry. And consumers. “A lot of these guys can’t afford these rifles, you know,” our ballistic contact told TTAG. “They hide their purchases from their wives.” Nu-uh! We hide the price tag. “Oh that? That’s for ammo. I gotta have ammo.” And now, perhaps, this $2199 piston-operated .308 Win caliber Precision Marksman SIG. Alternatively, consider the $1866 Patrol Version shown after the jump . . .

Both images come to us from thefirearmblog.com, who has the full specs and the prices but not the launch date. If he wants a lunch date, I can oblige (see you in Pittsburgh?). Otherwise, watch that space.

About Robert Farago

11 Responses to SIG SAUER SIG716 Precision Marksman for $2199

1. avatarsdog says:

excellent, the rifle looks great. i’m in the market for something in 308, but that price tag is a little rich for my blood.

2. avatarRyan Finn says:

Hahahaha, it’s funny because it’s so true.

Seriously though if gas, gun and ammo prices keep going up how are we supposed to practice? Also, that patrol version is absolutely gorgeous.

3. avatarJohn Fritz says:

Another gun I can’t afford. $900.00 SA’s are about as rich as I get.

• avatarZach says:

I like the gun buteo u know if 308 caliber is acceptable for long range competition shoots in pennsylvania

4. avatarPie says:

Really!?

S&W last month instituted sweeping reductions to the MSRP on every gun they manufacture. It was enough to irk distributes who have a lot of inventory based upon the old MSRP.

Colt is about to do the same thing to its products.

5. avatarA Critic says:

Did you know that the prices of guns are set to rise?

To their previous levels, adjusted for inflation?

Prices aren’t rising. The dollar is collapsing. There’s a big difference.

6. avatarRichard says:

Hell I see gun price rise as walked in my local cabelas new guns even cheap stuff well over five hunder dallors . Up side was they had truck load used gun that where alot cheaper that get any thing. Might good time buy used becuase gone take bath if buy any thing new.

7. avatarSteve says:

Sadly not. I cannot make it to PA :(

8. avatarScion88 says:

I wonder how it will stack up against the LMT 308?

9. avatarCharles says:

Anyone know where to find the 716 DMR for sale?

10. CAN YOU BUY A SIGSAUER GUN FROM THIS WEBSITE? PLEASE REPLY ASAP IM LOOKING FOR THE SUGSAUER DMR 716 I HAVE THE MONEY JUST NEED TO FIND THE GUN PLEASE REPLY ASAP THANKS