Mitt “I Heart Assault Weapon Bans” Romney Running for President

[HTML1]

Reuters reports that Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has declared his intention to seek the Republican nomination for President of the United States. I reckon he’s four years too late. As Governor of Massive Taxes (a.k.a. Taxachusetts), as the eponymous author of Romney-care, he has about as much chance with resurgent conservatives as Joe Lieberman. Looking at the Mittster from the POV of TTAG’s Armed Intelligentsia, uh, no. Mass gun laws are some of the most needlessly restrictive in the entire country; as the video above indicates, he did sweet FA to move that ball forward. Backward? Whatever. Here’s an interchange with the moderator at the 2007 Republican Debate in South Carolina . . .

Q: As governor you signed into law one of the toughest restrictions on assault weapons in the country.

A: Let’s get the record straight. First of all, there’s no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban. Look, I’ve been governor in a pretty tough state. You’ve heard of blue states. In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.

And I have an eleven inch penis. Minus a few inches. Just sayin’ . . .

About Robert Farago

13 Responses to Mitt “I Heart Assault Weapon Bans” Romney Running for President

1. avatarGreg in Allston says:

For this and a slew of other reasons, he makes my skin crawl. “In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.” Pure, absolute delusional rubbish.

2. avatar2yellowdogs says:

He’s an auto bail-out supporting, assault weapon banning pioneer of socialized medicine. With “conservatives” like that, who needs Democrats?

3. avatarKDB says:

Just what we need! Anti-Gunners on the left and right. Apparently none of these people believe in our constitution.

4. avatarTony says:

If Romney was to get the nomination I’d either not vote, which would be a first, or vote for a third party candidate that has no chance of winning. My dogs are more conservative than Romney.

5. avatarRalph says:

2yellowdogs is absolutely correct. Mitt Romney is an unprincipled putz — just like his daddy George.

6. avatarChris Dumm says:

A Democratic president who (sensibly) avoids gun control like it’s Kryptonite, or a Republican candidate who embraces it as though it could help him? Romney is neither fish now fowl, that’s for sure.

7. avatarjay says:

its time to go rhino hunting boys.. oh I’m sorry i live in nys home of the metaphor ban, its time to go…….vote for more conservative republicans.. GRR.

8. avatarGaryinVT says:

Unfortunately he just LOOKS so presidential. And even the thinnest veneer can get you elected. Obviously.

9. avatarJOE MATAFOME says:

Your being much to kind by only calling this fool a putz, I can think of much better things to call him but they can’t be printed.

10. avatarRuffRidr says:

Mitt seems like the type of guy who would say anything if he thought it would help his chances of getting elected. No way am I voting for the guy.

11. avatarstateisevil says:

Ron Paul.

12. avatarJohn Fritz says:

Romney = Obama lite. Or worse.

That guy oozes slime from every orifice.

13. avatarBob H says:

“Oozing charm from every pore…. ….he oiled his way across the floor”