Unboxing the Ruger LC9

IT’S AN LC9. Not “LCR.” I guess I picked the wrong day to stop doing meth. Anyway, I’ve uploaded a couple of pics of the Ruger LC9 in hand after the jump. Full review to follow.

comments

1. avatar Ryan Finn says:

So jealous. Can’t wait to see how she handles.

2. avatar Chris Dumm says:

Aaack! Another useless (and potentially dangerous) ‘safety’ on a deep-concealment pistol. Thank heavens that mine doesn’t have one.

1. avatar Patrick Carrube says:

I was thinking “aaaaack, ANOTHER Ruger!”

2. avatar Rabbi says:

Yupper…That safety is definitely useless and dangerous. Makes the entire gun useless for its intended purpose just likes its bigger brethren.

Semi’s with safeties aren’t all bad, but semi’s with bad safeties are.

Frame safety locky thingies are not just without value, they are more garbage to break.

3. avatar John Fritz says:

Good video! And I learned that I have been mispronouncing your name all this time. Emphasis on the second syllable.

Never bring a gun to an unboxing match.

5. avatar Esteve says:

Is Ruger working their way through the Kel Tec line up one gun at a time?

1. avatar Chris Dumm says:

I’m keeping my eyes peeled for a Ruger Red Label bullpup.

6. avatar TTACer says:

It looks bigger in the pics than it does in the video (that’s what she said).

7. avatar Robert Farago says:

I’ve uploaded some videos for the review. Click here for the “guntruth” YouTube channel. The Ruger SR9’s safety will come up again (so to speak) in the review. Meanwhile, click here for the Ruger rep’s explanation.

8. avatar mikeb302000 says:

Thanks Robert, I really enjoy your videos. Is it common practice for them to include a spent cartridge? Is that really to show that the gun has been test fired?

9. avatar Christopher says:

Have a hard time buying a Keltec clone, prefer the original. Held a LC9 the other day and just didn’t like the feel of it.

As a sidenote:The LCP is slicker in the grip than the P3AT and just didn’t do anything for me.

10. avatar Ross says:

I heard a report that the LC9 was shooting 4 inch groups at 10 feet not too impressive if you ask me. Is this gun an accurate shooter? Was it the fault of the shooter or the pistol?

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Shooter. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBwHzBund-E And: http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/03/robert-farago/gun-review-ruger-lc9/. Shot it again last night. Combat accuracy is fine. Getting better groups requires plenty of practice with the trigger.

11. avatar Anon says:

Panties are sure in a twist over the safety of this fine gun. Don’t like it? Simple. Don’t use it. Or better yet, don’t buy it – more for me 😉

I’m not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater over a very basic safety mechanism.

12. avatar Anon says:

Nice Rollie – Datejust?

“Trousers”? Did that really roll off your lips? Trousers? 😉

13. avatar Rob Drummond says:

Why does everyone get so upset about a safety. Like what was said before, if you don’t like it don’t use it. If you don’t like Ruger don’t buy it.
    Rob Drummond