Winchester’s unveiled their Super X3 Sporting shotgun. For serious clay shooters (as opposed to Ralph and me who are always making jokes), the SX3S’s lightweight aluminum alloy receiver and ported, ventilated rib barrel should make the gun easy to swing hither and yon, and reduce muzzle jump. The X3’s Active Valve gas system gets an upgrade: a new, unique sporting gas piston that cycles all 2 ¾ inch shotshells, from light to heavy, and back. You also get a fiber optic front sight (high speed internet optional), five Signature choke tubes, AND an Invector-Plus™ Choke System partnered with a precise .742″ Back-Boring (that regulates the shot more efficiently than any other system, apparently). Now how much would you pay? Don’t answer! If nothing else, on the Internet no one can hear you scream. Unless you’ve got a webcam. Anyway . . .
The Super X3 Sporting Adjustable shotgun—Item 511115392 for short—boasts a walnut stock and forearm with an “oil-like satin finish” and an adjustable comb. For those of you who have trouble shouldering the responsibility that knocking clay pigeons out of the sky entails, there’s a Pachmayr® Decelerator recoil pad.
Choose you barrel length—28, 30 or 32 inch—fork over $1,629.99, and Winnie will slap that bad boy in a fitted ABS hard case embossed with the Winchester logo and send it to your local FFL.
- Receiver – Aluminum alloy
- Barrel – Ventilated rib; Ported; Fiber-optic front sight; mid bead
- Action – Gas operated with Active Valve System; 12 gauge, 2 3/4″ chamber;
- Stock – Satin, walnut; Fully adjustable comb
- Features – Chrome Plated chamber and bore; Five extended Signature Invector Plus™ choke tubes (LF,IM,M,IC,SK); Pachmayr® Decelerator® recoil pad; Molded red case included