Obscure Object of Desire: Full Auto Colt Super 38

FBI historian Dr. John Fox and I had a nice chin wag this morning. We talked about the Bureau’s early history and . . . this and that. For example, contrary to popular belief, John Dillinger did not have an enormous penis. The bulge in the morgue photo is actually the FBI-terminated gangster’s arm, taken from a funny camera angle. Even funnier now, one hopes. Anyway, we were talking about Mr. Dillinger’s non-biological arms. Dr. Fox sent me a link to an article by Kevin Williams that depicts one of Dillinger’s more, uh, unusual armaments. [click here for a pdf] And a damn strange thing it is too—fabricated by a saddle maker, not Rube Goldberg. Given the controversy surrounding a certain Glock 19 with an extended magazine, I imagine there aren’t that many people who could appreciate the artistry and sheer oomph of this crazy ass gun, never mind own one. Never mind shoot it. Oh lord I want to be in that number.

comments

Wow! John Dillinger really did have a huge tool!

2. avatar stateisevil says:

Awesome. In a free society, you’d be able to order one and have it delivered to your door. I personally want the .45 full auto tommy gun, but I “can’t” have one because my betters say it’s the “law.”

3. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

Now that’s the COOLEST 1911 I’ve ever seen, I’ll take two of these please.

4. avatar Chris Dumm says:

You could, of course, build one yourself in semi-auto with the right Treasury stamp. But which stamp, an SBR or an AOW?

5. avatar reaganmarine84 says:

The markings on the front strap seem to elude that this particluar specimen may have been owned by the St. Louis Police Dept. I was born,raised and still reside in St. Louis. My grandfather was a St. Louis city beat cop during the prohibition days. I wonder if he ever was exposed to something like this?

6. avatar JD says:

That foregrip is awesome, but should have the front of the trigger guard embedded in it.

7. avatar David says:

The front strap is not from the full auto with the stock. The pictures are arranged so that you might think that, though.