Karl Lippard Combat NCO A2 1911. Testing. One Two Three

comments

1. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

Please explain what I’m looking at, I don’t understand clearly what is written on the target.

1. avatar John Fritz says:

I’ve been sitting here for about a half an hour hoping someone would ask that question. ‘Cause I sure don’t understand what I’m looking at either.

2. avatar porschespeed says:

From the top best as I can decipher:

2 Rnds
    950 FPS Black Talon

6 Rnds
    Black Hills
    230 FMJ

#22
    Wight Gray(?????)

The larger question, what does any of that mean. Who, what distance, elevation, temp, baro, humidity, rest, and on, and on…

3. avatar KW says:

I’m guessing it’s an 8 rnd mag loaded with two different types of ammo, at 400 yrds, in a hurricane, weak hand only.

1. avatar IndyEric says:

Outstanding.

4. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

I think KW figured it out. LMAO

5. avatar Robert Farago says:

It’s a tease. Besides, if I told you, Karl would have to kill me. And you.

1. avatar porschespeed says:

As long as he’s 400 yards away, I’ll stand still while he lobs the first 2 rounds in.

2. avatar Vigilantis says:

So long as he’s restricted to attempting it from 400 yards, we’ll be fine.

6. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

You’re a silly man RF, I don’t even want to guess how much time I spent trying to figure this out. You got us all real good. LMAO (P.S. I want to see the real test, hopefully sometime soon.

7. avatar Robert Farago says:

It’s all very funny until Karl plucks your eye out and eats it.

8. avatar Chris Dumm says:

Whassa big deal? My 1911 can do this. From a Ransom Rest. At two yards. (Okay, one yard.)

1. avatar Chris Dumm says:

Actually, I used to be able to hit a manhole cover at 100 yards with about 4 or 5 shots out of 7. I can’t imagine the real-life holdover for a .45 ACP at 400 yards, but I’ll bet somebody could look it up in a ballistics table. If handgun ballistics tables actually go that far out.

1. avatar Caleb says:

I did the math actually, bullet drop on a .45 ACP at 400 yards is something like 40 feet of drop. Plus if there’s a 10mph cross-wind it’s another 4-5 feet of lateral drift.

9. avatar Travis says:

I’m gonna just guess that we are looking at a 100 yard target. And then guess that the 6 shot group is about 2.5 inches. Extrapolating that to 4oo yards, that makes 10 inches? I guess it is theoretically possible if you can figure out how high to hold.
    If they can make it happen I will be totally impressed. Maybe all the patronizing “Sharp End of the Stick” talk will be backed up by equally patronizing “Sharp End of the Stick” walk.

10. avatar Pete says:

I can make soda cans dance consistently from 50 yards with my custom P-13. I can’t imagine hitting a target with any 1911 at 400 yards.

1. avatar Bob H says:

I don’t need no stinkin’ custom gun to do that! Just a roll of twine and some sticks…