AOL Grabs Gun Grabbers, and Vice Versa

Now that Dan Baum has left the building (moron that later), I feel free to use the term “gun grabber.” (Dan had threatened to de-bookmark us over the term.) Fox News (oh this IS fun) reports that AOL has shelled-out $315 million for the official website of America’s greediest gun grabbers (GOD I love writing that): Paul Helmke of The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and Josh Sugarmann of the Violence Policy Center. Not to mention their minions, clones and camp followers (oh STOP!). In and of itself, that’s no biggie. The more interesting part of the deal: Arianna Huffington is now in charge of ALL of AOL’s web content. Gun control advocates will have an even larger audience for their cod-common sense agenda. Either that or it’s another step towards obscurity for AOL, which will eventually drag down and kill the HuffPo. Just sayin’.

About Robert Farago

17 Responses to AOL Grabs Gun Grabbers, and Vice Versa

1. avatarPatriot Henry says:

“Either that or it’s another step towards obscurity for AOL, which will drag down and kill the HuffPo. Sweet.”

That’s my expectation.

The gun control articles on HuffingtonPost are most interesting, the overwhelming majority of comments are anti-gun control. It seems most of the readers there don’t care to argue this issue at this time.

2. avatarEric S says:

That’s too bad about Dan’s departure, I liked his commentary.

3. avatarRabbi says:

hmmm….wonder is the Hufhufhuffinton Post saw the Air American darkness at the end of the tunnel?

If I knew the term “gun grabber” pissed off Mr Liberal Baum I would have used it in every sentence. I’m always the last to know…. huffff!

4. avatarMagoo says:

What I want to know is how Huff Post is worth $315 M, being mainly comprised of blue sky and steam. I bet Farago would be willing to cash out for $10M or $20M.

• avatarRobert Farago says:

Nope.

• avatarporschespeed says:

If one can generate math to support a $50B valuation for FB, HuffyPo at $315MM is (relative) chump change.

I agree, HP was built with volunteer slave labor. Whether those minions get pissed off enough to leave after watching the fruit of their labor disproportionately enriching Arianna remains to be seen.

The hilarity with Arianna is that she’s flipped harder than McCain. Remeber not that long ago when she worked for Newt Gingrich and was a syndicated conservative columnist? From her marriage to Huffington (long divorced) to her change of political camps, it always seems to be a business decision with her.

5. avatarPatriot Henry says:

“(moron that later)”

Typo?

6. avatarRichard Linares says:

I well shed no tears when Aol and new ant gun press wing Huff Post wind up forgotten in obscurity.

7. avatarLance says:

This can only mean one thing: the gun grabbers plan to unleash their propaganda in the form of an endless wave of install discs.

8. avatarRalph says:

AOL really screwed the pooch on this one. Wait until they figure out that they could have bought Mikeb’s blog for 315 cents.

9. avatarMartin Albright says:

AOL is still around?

Just one question:

Why?

• avatarTTACer says:

I heard on the radio that they own a piece of mapquest or something. If that’s true I guess I will have to stick with the ever so slightly less evil Google maps for directions

• avatarporschespeed says:

Subscriptions.

Some of the older folks I know started out on it, and they ain’t about to learn something new at this point. (Not that they can’t, just they don’t want to.)

About 750K people still rent their phones from ATT’s subsidiary Lucent. Honest.

10. avatarJOE MATAFOME says:

AOL is a dinosaur that will soon be gone, and I’m glad that the huffpo will go down the drain with aol. I did like Dan’s posts but I like the term “gun grabber” much better and I’ll never stop using it.