The Last Word on Home Defense

Unless you’re trying to dial 911 while holding your shotgun. Or you’re not actually walking around the house with a Saiga shotgun when the attack occurs. Or you’re worried about the location of friendlies. Or . . . Still, I bet JOE will love this thing.

comments

1. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

Wow, now that’s a cool looking saiga. Soon my saiga will look like that.

2. avatar Pete says:

Is that a howitzer in your pocket or are you just unhappy to see me?

3. avatar DonWorsham says:

I would love to know if that guy ever took a home defense class with that Saiga 12. Have him do some exercise to get his heart rate up then go room to room toten that thing. Wonder if he’d rethink his strategy?

1. Why would he need to go room to room? Most commonly people are taught to hole up in a safe area and use the gun to keep the bad guy out. I’m guessing that a drum fed Saiga will do an excellent job as bad guy repellent.

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

You need to go room to room to gather your children. Or to get to your Saiga.

1. avatar Bob H says:

Since your home defense weapon should ALWAYS be close at hand it should be on a sling at his side.
          As for gathering the children? Not all of us have small kids. In my case, if the cats don’t come running they are on their own.

2. No kids, and if I had a long gun for home defense, it’d be stored in the room designated as a strong point. I’m leaving that room clearing crap to the SWAT team or to Delta Force. For some reason, no one will sell me grenades to use for clearing out rooms. Also, I don’t think my insurance covers that sort of self inflicted damage.

4. avatar TTACer says:

“Saiga 12. That’s about all I need to say.”

lulz

5. avatar John Fritz says:

That thing makes my CZ 712 (with the pain-in-the-ass magazine extension installed even) look like the effeminate little wussy gun it is…

1. avatar TTACer says:

Write-up please.

6. avatar TCBA_Joe says:

He needs to get a proper conversion done on that thing.

7. avatar Chris Dumm says:

Come on, this gun is completely compatible with everyday carry, if you’re Andre The Giant wearing a trenchcoat and pants by MC Hammer.

On a slightly serious note, drum-fed noob cannons might be the last word in Zombie defense, or shooting up to 20 clay pigeons out of the air with one throw, but I think this guy has been playing a little too much Left 4 Dead.

8. avatar Matthew Perry says:

Saiga’s have been one of those most fun interesting weapons I have owned. When I had a paper boy attempt to steal my vehicle in my garage. Just the sound of the action racking boldly back, followed by a giant “slam” as a chambered a sabot slug entered into firing position was more than enough for a crying apology and a sob story of his underfed family on a paper route income!

Well, this certainly meets all the ATF criteria as a sporting gun. First, hunters can take down an entire flock of geese in flight. Now that’s what I call game management. Second, recreational shooters don’t have to wait around for their clay pidgeons to be launched; just aim at the trap house and keep firing until the whole damn thing is blown totally to shit. If that wasn’t enough, this little jewel might be useful for defensive purposes if we’re ever attacked by the entire North Korean army. Heck, it’s just a good all-round shotgun.

1. avatar TCBA_Joe says:

Well, I’m just glad the 2A doesn’t have a sporting clause.

However, it is a great sporting gun, 3-gun, etc… The recent ATF importability study determined these types of sports have a participation as big, if not more so than traditional clay shooting.

10. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

I keep my Saiga in my bedroom as back up to my two 45’s and the snub nose 5oo is the other back up if the badguy hides behind a wall (the 500 just takes out the entire wall).

My last line of defense: I keep a couple of Molotov cocktails in my liquor cabinet.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Set those “cocktails” outside the safe room door, wait for the BGs to get sloshed, then take them into custody without firing a shot. 😉