Sean Lennon: The Second Amendment is a Historical Anachronism

The UK’s left-leaning (and how) Guardian newspaper reveals that Sean Lennon, son of murdered Beatle John Lennon, tested his machismo at a Georgia gun range. The “really fun” experience didn’t increase Lennon’s respect for the Second Amendment. “I don’t think that people should be armed, personally . . . The right to bear arms had to do with a time when Americans were scared of native Indians because we were desecrating their land. It was a time when people wanted to militarise very quickly. But I don’t think it applies to modern society. It’s dangerous to walk in certain places when everyone’s armed. Of course, I’m still against guns generally. They’ve impacted my life in a negative way.”

comments

1. avatar TTACer says:

“…because we were desecrating their land. ”

He considers himself American? Just popped over to Wiki, I guess he was born in NYC. No wonder he doesn’t know about the 2a.

2. avatar lee n. field says:

Sean Lennon. OK, who gives a hoot what he thinks?

3. avatar Rabbi says:

I can certainly see how someone with his family history would be against guns. However, I don’t remember seeing “Indians” in any writings about the 2nd A. Funny how the anti’s just make stuff up as they go.

4. avatar Guy says:

I do believe “native Indians” are from India; but what do I know?

5. avatar Brad Kozak says:

I loved the music of John Lennon. I hated his politics. From what I’ve read of him, he was a self-absorbed, hypocritical ass at times. None of that lessens my appreciation of his music. But just because a guy writes some nice songs doesn’t mean you listen to him when he speaks on other subjects (like guns). My heart goes out to Sean Lennon, as he lost his dad to violence at such a young age. But I don’t see where that gives him the right to dismiss a significant part of our Constitutional rights. He’s entitled to his opinion, but opinions are like assholes – everybody’s got one.

6. avatar Mike says:

No, Sean, you ignorant douche. Guns didn’t impact your life, Mark David Chapman did.

7. avatar Rabbi says:

Brad and Mike explain it well!

8. avatar RB211 says:

I think Sean here is the anachronism. His dad was a well known song writer. Sean is ???. I’m not sure why people ask opinions of celebrities anyway. Most live in their mansions, out of touch with reality anyway. Most have never held a real job.

I agree with lee n. field (love that name) and Mike.

9. avatar TCBA_Joe says:

Dear Sean,
    I believe your father is a historical anachronism.
    Also, history was not your strong suit, was it?

Sincerely,