First Scrape of First Photo of SIG .50 BMG Rifle

From firearmsblog.com: “It has a 5 round magazine, full length rail, bipod, adjustable stock, fluted 29″ barrel. The MRSP is $8,999.” As an astute commentator pointed out (just before I made the realization myself), this weapon looks very much like a rebranded McMillan TAC-50. Anyway, I’ll take two and blog you in the morning.

comments

1. avatar John Fritz says:

I’ll betcha friend of the forum Mikeb302000 has a freakin’ cardiac ischemia whenever he sees a picture of a .50 cal.

1. avatar Rabbi says:

Should we show him a few more then?

2. avatar Rabbi says:

$9G for a bolt action?
    $9G for a bolt action by SIG????

Looks like a similar stock to the McMillan. It will be a shooter if its made my McMillan, but I wouldn’t bet on it if its made by SIG

1. avatar Lance says:

I have to agree with the Rabbi. It looks extremely similar to the McMillan TAC-50. The spiral on the bolt, while not unique to McMillan, is extremely similar to theirs, and I cannot see a difference between the brake on this gun and McMillan’s from this photo. Even the fluting on the barrel is remarkably similar.

2. avatar TTACer says:

Not to hijack the thread, but I have seen some people badmouthing Sig lately but I don’t know why. I have a 226, as do almost everyone I know, and it is generally the favorite. Mine says “Made in W. Germany” on it, so obviously it is a little older. Have they lost the plot of late?

1. avatar Rabbi says:

Sig has experience a lot of QC issues, especially with new guns. Seems to me they release them too soon without enough testing.

My concern is that in the high end rifle market, it takes a extremely knowledgeable smith to build an exceptional gun. I doubt SIG is hiring that kind of folk to produce their $9000 gun. If I am going to spend over $3500 on a bolt rifle, it will be custom built by a top smith, not some mass production company.

3. avatar Roy Hill says:

I hereby volunteer to take the hit for TTAG, and force myself to shoot and review this beast to the best of my ability.

Just have one sent to my FFL guy…………………..and hurry.

4. avatar DEFCON 2inMT says:

Thickest recoil pad I have seen lately. Would prefer an 18 wheeler shock absorber in the stock, and a rear mounted handle. Seems a bit bare-bones for the price. Hope it will shoot straight.

5. avatar 5point says:

I want one to try out!!!! 🙂 My 14 year old son wants to try it and see how well it shoots:)

6. avatar Joe Rocket for John Dillinger says:

What are da gonna do wit dat?